HCP MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS (dba MedForce)
*TRAVEL IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of multiple medical education programs in varying service types (full service to speaker only) from inception to completion. It is recommended that coordinators have previous meeting planning experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry and knowledge of state & federal regulated compliancy guidelines as well as those dictated by the specific operating company.
A Program Coordinator is responsible for program execution inclusive but not limited to: sales force communication, speaker communications and scheduling, speaker travel arrangements as needed (air, hotel and ground) venue negotiating/contracting, audio visual negotiating/contracting, invitation development, attendee recruitment/confirmation, conducting faculty prep calls, learning material distribution, speaker expense administration, post program material collection inclusive of; participant sign in sheets and program evaluations and program reconciliation.
In order to perform these functions, the Program Coordinator must have strong verbal/written communication and time management skills. He/she must also must be highly organized, and be able to maintain composure under high-pressure situations.
• Adherence to all internal policies and procedures
• Understand and adhere to all supported operating company guidelines and compliancy procedures
• Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, sales force representatives and faculty members
• Proficient use of time management strategies to satisfy program and Program deadlines
• Utilization of database reporting to monitor ongoing program needs and follow up
• Use of detailed electronic notes
• Initiate and maintain communications with sales representatives, faculty and internal staff members
• Schedule, confirm and communicate travel arrangements and payments to speakers
• Manage individual program logistics such as: venue selection, menu selection, audio visual arrangements and material shipments
• Create contracts that provide client budgetary and site compliance policies
• Verify speaker contract rates on a per program basis
• Analyze provisions of post program materials prior to honoraria administration
• Proficient use of negotiating skills
• Proficient use budget management skills
• Proficient use self-editing skills for provisions of all meeting materials
• Proficient use of auditing and reconciliation skills
• Flexibility and willingness to travel up to four (4) times a month to various parts of US to support onsite execution of programs
• Provide strategies for events
• Set goals with sales force partners
• Adhere to state guidelines & regulations
• Aid in recruitment & managing of RSVPs
• Ensure logistical & compliant coordination
• Adhere to PhRMA budgetary guidelines
• Ongoing planning & constant communication with all parties
• Post meeting managements & finances to report on
• Ensure accuracy in work from initiation to completion
• Sending product orders for client fulfillment
• Manage meal budgets for medical events
• Onsite support to client(s), speaker and patient(s), ensuring program is executed successfully
Bachelor's Degree preferred
Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
Superior customer service and organizational skills
Exceptional attention to detail
Proficient self-editing skills
Ability to prioritize and multi-task while working under tight deadlines
Ability to travel up to 24 times throughout the year (including weekends)
Knowledge of PhRma code guidelines
Proficiency in MS-Office, Excel & Outlook
Knowledge of The Sunshine Act
HCP Management Operations, Inc. (dba MedForce) offers a competitive salary, paid time off, company holidays as well as a comprehensive benefit plan which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance; short and long-term disability; 401K retirement plan and flexible spending accounts.
HCP Management Operations, Inc. (dba MedForce) is an equal opportunity employer. HCP Management Operations, Inc. (dba MedForce) will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or local laws or regulations. All personnel actions will adhere to this policy, personnel actions include, but are not limited to, recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, and benefits. Further, HCP Management Operations, Inc. (dba MedForce) will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.