Our Client that is located in Farmingdale is growing rapidly and they are looking to add to staff! If you're interested and qualified, please apply!
PHYSICAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Hours Available: M-F 8:30am - 5:30pm
FLSA Class: Exempt
Job Summary: To support the Accounting Supervisor in carrying out various responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting department. Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the company, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Essential Functions (include but not limited to):
- Execute day-to-day accounting functions
- Assist with accounts payable process including invoice posting, and payment
- Process expense reports including verifying receipts and coding expenses
- Prepare account analysis and ensure transaction quality
- Assist with month end close
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Perform general ledger account reconciliation of various P&L and balance sheet accounts
- Provide schedules and analysis to support the financial statements
- Assist with year end audit and tax preparation
- Assist in other projects/duties as assigned
- Manage approval of expenditures with and without purchase orders, consistent with signature authority matrix
- Assist in other projects/duties as assigned by Accounting Supervisor
- Minimum 2 year degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years’ progressive experience in accounting department for multi-million dollar company
- Strong technical skills with proficiency with Excel (using VLookup, SumIf, and pivot tables) and basic understanding of ERP systems (NetSuite a PLUS)
Reasoning Ability: Ability to understand transaction process flows. Ability to reconcile reports, transactions and data generated from dissimilar systems. Applies higher level Excel skills to transactions - automation
Sensory Requirements: Should have working use of hearing and vision with or without the use of corrective lenses/hearing aids in order to be able to read paperwork, work on a computer screen for an extended period of time, and frequently speak on the phone.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US and have IDs needed to verify
- Strong computer skills
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel
- Strong Organizational skills
- Independent work skills as well as the ability to work within a team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong detail-orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for BEDGEAR’s vision and mission
- Willingness to assist in additional projects as requested
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful or uncomfortable situations
LV Staffing Associates, Inc. is a full service staffing agency providing outsourced full cycle recruiting, contingency placements as well as temporary services. We take pride in the placements that we make and appreciate the relations that we build with both of our candidates and clients!
Role: Senior Accountant
Apply for this job now.