Our Client is a market leading European trailer operator and freight forwarder who provides logistics services to UK and European importers and exporters. Due to increased demand they are currently looking to appoint a Transport Manager to oversee the driving, warehouse and yard staff at their modern Lydden office, at a 7 acre freight terminal. This is a full time, permanent position, working Monday to Friday and alternate Saturday mornings, in exchange for a salary up to £40k (plus contributory pension).
As Transport Manager, you'll be managing staff, overseeing the transhipment of freight consignments, managing short and long term storage clients, communicating with suppliers and coordinating fleet maintenance, including resolving freight / vehicle insurance claims, on a day to day basis. You'll also be responsible for the recruitment and induction of new Class 1 drivers.
If you have UK or European Transport Management experience, are credited with a UK or International CPC, and are capable of explaining complex logistical issues concisely, we want to hear from you. We're keen to speak to professionals who have a confident personality with a can do positive and helpful attitude. Being numerate and literate, having excellent communication and attention to detail skills, as well as having team building and people management skills are imperative attributes.
Transport Manager duties include:
- Recruitment and induction of new Class 1 drivers.
- To manage / supervise the driving / warehouse and yard staff ensuring that company procedures are followed.
- Help to allocate work to the driving staff, noting working hours and available resources.
- Communicating with the appropriate suppliers and ensuring that all of the necessary equipment / consumables are issued to the drivers.
- Providing the necessary administrative support, issuing paperwork to the drivers.
- Coordinating the maintenance of the fleet with the workshop.
- Managing the warehouse staff and overseeing the transhipment of freight consignments.
- Managing the short and long term storage clients and ensuring that all customer requirements are fulfilled.
- To report and help resolve any freight / vehicle insurance claims.
Skills Required from Transport Manager:
- UK or European Transport Management experience.
- UK or International CPC.
- Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal)
- A confident personality with a can do attitude.
- A professional positive and helpful attitude.
- Numerate and literate, it is vital that the successful candidate is able to explain complex logistical issues concisely in both written and verbal form.
- IT literate.
- Ambitious with a desire to succeed.
- Strong organisational skills with an excellent memory.
If you've got what it takes please apply now. Transport Managers are currently in high demand and jobs are being filled very quickly.
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what youre looking for and well do our best to assist.