KIRKBY IN ASHFIELD
Teaching Personnel are recruiting for a tutor to work with an SEN pupil in the Kirkby in Ashfield area (NG15). The student is Year 10 and has an EHCP, with a diagnosis of Autism.
He has not been in school for some time, so will be working at below age related expectations. He will require support in English, Maths, Science and general subjects across the National Curriculum that he is willing to engage in.
We are looking for a tutor to work with him for 15 hours per week (3 hours per day, timings are flexible).
The ideal tutor will be:
- Experienced working with SEN pupils, including those who have had adverse childhood experiences leading to trauma responses
- Confident to deal with challenging behaviour where required
- Committed to making a difference to this young person's education
- Available for the whole spring and summer terms, until the end of June
- Able to deal with safeguarding issues appropriately and effectively
- Confident to work on a 1:1 basis
- Able to work face to face - this tuition cannot take place online
- Experienced at working collaboratively with school and Local Authority staff
- Able to provide a competent weekly feedback form and end of term reports
If you are available after half term and have the relevant experience for this role, please contact Emma on #removed# or email #removed#. This role is due to start with immediate effect.