Accounting Senior Manager will guide corporate accounting and technical accounting related to month-end close, financial reporting, and the year-end audit. S/he is responsible for developing and implementing tools, processes, and systems to support the company’s accounting, financial reporting, and internal control environment. The Accounting Senior Manager will help support the execution and integration of acquisitions. This accounting professional will bring a strong sense of urgency and relationship abilities to the role by assessing current capabilities (people, processes, technology) and developing go-forward strategies.
The Accounting Senior Manager will report to the Corporate Controller on a day-to-day basis but may have direct interaction and engagement with the CFO and Vice President of Finance. In addition, s/he must be able to communicate effectively with each of the functional departments, particularly Operations and Procurement. The Accounting Senior Manager will need to work collaboratively with other key members of the Finance and Administrative team including FP&A Managers, Corporate Treasury Manager, Credit & Collections Manager, CIO and Director of HR, and to accomplish the objectives of the position. There are four direct reports to the Accounting Senior Manager: 3 seniors and 1 junior accountant.
- Serve as a primary contact for all accounting and financial reporting matters;
- Ensure the quality of the function’s deliverables is of the highest standard and install a culture of “no surprises”;
- Drive the monthly close process and ensure the accurate and timely accounting close of the general ledger for the preparation of the financial statements in accordance with US GAAP;
- Develop, implement and document a robust business process to close the books with special emphasis on a structured, repeatable process with clear responsibilities (for example, closing calendar, closing checklist, detailed review of reconciliations, quarterly balance sheet and cash flows review meetings);
- Be hands-on with consolidations, currency exchange matters and detailed review of reconciliations;
- Monitor and implement new accounting pronouncements – both US GAAP and IFRS;
- Work closely with the external auditors and serve as primary contact for all external audit matters;
- Support the execution of acquisition strategy and lead purchase accounting as well as accounting integration for new acquisitions;
- Prepare accounting memos supporting accounting positions for different transactions (hedges, share based payments, annual impairment reviews, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
CPA required; public accounting experience is a plus
At least 5 years of related work experience, integration of acquisitions is a plus
Work process redesign/controls improvement experience
Excellent knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS is a plus
Experience in consolidations, in the accounting for forex exchange differences, purchase accounting;
Experience in a manufacturing and distribution environment is a plus
Ability to lead people and get things done
Comfortable in working in aggressive, intense, and fast-paced environment
Strong work ethic
Results oriented Willing to roll up sleeves, work around barriers, and get the job done
Analytical with a healthy dose of intellectual curiosity
Solid communication skills Ability to translate the numbers into actionable insights
Transcendia is a leader in custom engineered materials for critical product components in a wide range of markets and applications. The company provides deep material science expertise, outstanding customer service through broad geographic coverage and trusted product reliability.
Role: Senior Accounting Manager - Manufacturing
Location: Franklin Park,
Apply for this job now.