Start Date: July 2020
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
We are looking to hire an Intern to join our Architecture, Design and Construction team on a 12-month placement, to support in a Project Management capacity. This placement is ideally suited to an undergraduate or postgraduate student currently undertaking a degree in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying, with a genuine passion for the industry.
Why Work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,750 properties in 113 countries and territories. In the 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 17 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognised hotel brand in the world.
We are consistently endorsed by our employees as a Great Place to Work in all of the countries in which we operate, and for the last three years we have been voted by UK students as the most popular Graduate Recruiter in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sector.
Hilton Work Perks
In addition to a competitive salary you will also receive a range of excellent benefits - probably the best of which is our Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program. This provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends. Perfect for the holiday savvy intern!
In our Watford office you will also benefit from a subsidized canteen, free in- house gym and a games room. You will be part of a cohort of approximately 30 Interns who are spread across various departments, and will be involved in our unique intern programme. This includes monthly meetings and assignments which are designed to support your development.
A bit about the team
Headquartered in the UK, the AD&C team support the design, construction and renovation of all managed, franchised, leased and JV hotels across Europe, Middle East and Africa, building exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations.
With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, our team has EMEA wide presence as well as local resources, skills, and expertise. The team provides the programmes and resources to help ensure that properties conform to our uniformly high standards, and are current with relevant product selections and designs.
A bit about the job
As an intern, you will be an integral part of the team and will play an active role in our continued success. Responsibilities will include, but are by no means limited to the following;
Capex Projects & Cost Management;
- Assist in developing refurbishment disruption models
- Lead role in initiating research on industry benchmarking against cost and programme/disruption for completed projects
- Lead role in updating and improvement of existing project library alongside database of completed projects indicating, project team, programme, costs, scope of works summary etc.
Development Project Management;
- Assist in updating and improving project management processes and owner facing project and programme management documentation
- Assist in maintaining Global Development pipeline database
- Lead role in updating and improving online resource library with current documentation to enable and simplify development project management.
- Attend and participate in a diverse range of project meetings on site, to gather project related knowledge.
What are we looking for?
As with any job, we do have certain criteria that you will need to meet in order to be considered for this amazing opportunity. These are detailed as follows;
- Must be in your second year or final year of a Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Architectural Technology or similar degree programme
- Must be able to start in July and available for the full 12 months.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK. If you are a non-EU national then you will need to be studying at a UK university in order to be eligible to undertake a placement here.
- Able to demonstrate a genuine passion for Construction, and a desire to pursue a career in Project Management
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to hold your own in dealing with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical skills, with a good level of financial awareness.
- Highly organised, must be able to manage multiple work streams concurrently.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, and the ability to be proactive.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, in particular MS Excel (including v look ups, pivot tables, formulas etc.).
- Able to use Adobe Photoshop and CAD Software.
- Some knowledge or an interest in the hotel industry (e.g. hotel real estate) would be preferred, although not essential.
If you would like to be considered for this internship please ensure that you submit your application (in English) on or before 1st January 2020. Please bear with us whilst we process your application as we receive a lot of interest and we want to ensure that each applicant is given the consideration he/she deserves.
You''''ll be contacted via email by our Graduate Recruitment Team who will inform you of the outcome and (if applicable) next steps. If your application is taken forward, you will be asked to complete a series of online assessments and a video interview.
Beyond the Internship
Whilst we are not always able to guarantee an offer of employment at the end of your studies, we like to keep in touch with our intern community and many have successfully re-joined Hilton upon completion of their degree. To give you a few examples, we currently have former interns working for us in Finance, Marketing, Sales, HR, Procurement… The list goes on!
See descriptionRole: Project Management Intern: Architecture, Design & Construction – 12 Months – July 2020 Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Watford, England, EnglandApply for this job now.