Company: GECKO HOSPITALITY - FORBES BEST 2019
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job DescriptionRestaurant ManagerUpscale Italian ConceptFenton, Michigan 48430
Compensation: $52,000-$62,000Paid Vacation401KDining PerksNetworking Opportunities
We are seeking a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our business. Our expectations are for our Restaurant Manager to deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
The Restaurant Manager's responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant's revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer excellence service standards.
To be successful in this role, you'll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We expect highly skilled knowledge of overseeing and managing the dining room, the guests' check-in and balancing seating capacity.
Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you will be responsible for hiring qualified cooks and waitstaff, setting work schedules, overseeing food prep, ensuring compliance with all health and safety restaurant regulations.
Exemplified leadership skills are critical as we expect you to lead by positive example and uplift the team members during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and that our guests have an exceptional dining experience.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize guest satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to guest complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant's image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Interview new hire applicants, complete hiring process; completing all on-boarding paperwork and entering it into the Kronos system in a timely manner
- Train new and current employees on proper guest excellence service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven guest service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform and educate our guests, as well as our wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, such as OpenTable
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- Bachelor's degree in business administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus.
If you feel like you would be a great fit to join our team at our Fenton Location please apply today with your resume for immediate consideration. We look forward to speaking with you.