Under close supervision performs routine and semi-routine tasks in the Shipping department and for the Machine Shop.
· Shipping Area:
· Prepares, packs and ships MII products in accordance to standard procedures, and practices both domestic and international utilizing UPS, FedEx, and Common Carriers.
· Operate a Insta-Pak foam packing machine and a forklift or “Big-Joe” as needed.
· Use some power and hand tools and other shipping aids and supplies
· Stocking Clerk:
· Sorts, counts, and checks materials
· Receives materials and supplies into stocking location.
· Places materials and supplies on shelves or specified floor locations.
· Maintain necessary clerical records such as inventory and location records
· Meet and follow MII Corporate Quality Systems.
· All other assigned and essential duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
· Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2 years plus experience working in a Shipping and/or Stockroom environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, 100% of work requires standing/moving about.
- Able to lift 60 pounds.
- Current valid California driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to work with others.
- Communication skills, both oral and written, in English.
- Good basic math skills.
- Able to use and understand forklift operation.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Nexem Staffing we:
Care for the people and the communities where we do business
Welcome and appreciate diversity as an equal opportunity employer
Share the best of ourselves with each other and our partners
Are passionate about employee and client success
Never compromise ethics or integrity
Challenge the company and our industry to be better
Role: Shipping Clerk
Apply for this job now.