AkzoNobel - a leading global paints and coatings company and major producer of specialty chemicals. Looking for quaintly Interns. This position will support our Technical Services Business team and provide lab support to our Beer & Beverage team that provides coatings to beer and beverage cans, i.e., Budweiser, Monster, etc.
This position is 20hours a week. You will have the flexibility to create your own schedule within the core company hours Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p.
- Requirements for current college student:
- Junior/Senior or 1st year Mast\er’s program
- Major: Chemical Engineering, Packaging Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Pay $17-$20 (depending upon current status)
- Requirements for recent graduates:
- Less than 3 years of experience
- Some exposure working in a lab with various chemicals, preferably paint (or closely related)
- Major: same as above
- Pay $20-$24 (Depending upon overall experience & background)
The scope of work goes as follows:
- Accu-cure tests- Perform a cure analysis that is a key metric for our customers.
- SpecMetrix Analysis: Perform film weight distribution analysis.
- Control of incoming cans for different in house tests. Be able to deliver to the different cross functional teams.
- Control of TS warehouse stocks. Define what materials need to be replaced and what materials need to be eliminated from stock.
- Maintain film distribution panels.
- Support our B&B solutions team with various activities.
- Bake Ladders
- MEK rubs tests
- Adhesion tests
- Boiling water testing
- Key Project: Develop a new cure test method for our BPAni Coatings. This will be in conjunction with our Analytical team
To view other openings please check out Jobs.DayStarStaffing.com
Day Star Staffing
Day Star Staffing employees over 10,000 people yearly across seven different states. We are former educators, friends and family with a mission: to operate a staffing and recruiting company motivated by more than just the bottom line – we want to make a real difference. And we do that by treating job seekers and clients like a member of our team. We treat people like people, not like numbers. Day Star Staffing specializes in temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct-hire openings in the light industrial and clerical fields.
At Day Star, we have a client-based approach. We tailor everything specific to the client. Our job seekers benefit too. By having great relationships with our clients, we can provide better opportunities for candidates.
Day Star Staffing LLC., bridging the gap between good business and good employees.
Role: Chemical Engineering Intern (Students And Graduates) 3156B1.1
Apply for this job now.