Leading Contemporary Brand is seeking an Associate Designer to join their team! This is a freelance position perfect for an individual with a strong grasp on design techniques and current marketplace trends who is excited about working for a nationally recognized brand.
What you'll do:
· Assist in the development and conception of seasonal product lines
· Conduct competitive research and utilize to match designs with current market trends
· Sketch detailed design concepts that include product specs and details
· Recommend choices on fabric, trim, and print
· Attend sample fittings and advise on changes
· Oversee production budgets and timelines; communicate with materials vendors to achieve best value
What you'll need:
· Minimum 2-4 years' experience in design, with a strong understanding of full cycle design process and applicable sketching abilities
· Demonstrated sense of color, design, and fit standard requirements
· Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or related field
· Familiarity with all aspects of product construction including finishes, stitches, fabrics, budgeting, etc.
· Tech savviness and the knowledge to pick things up quickly
· Fantastic time management and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
Please submit your resume for consideration.
We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Fourth Floor (FourthFloor.com) leads the fashion industry when it comes to recruiting, and sets the pace for others to follow. We partner with the biggest names in luxury, contemporary, active sports, children, accessories, beauty, and home. From freelance to direct hire, we pair our clients with trendsetting talent so they can stay ahead of the curve. We pride ourselves in building brands, and taking careers to the next level.
Role: Associate Designer – Leading Corporate Retailer
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.