Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
This position is responsible for full cycle accounting resulting in timely and accurate financial statements and other value added reports that will be used to make sound business decisions. This may include accounting for foreign entities and the consolidation process for multiple entities. The position is also responsible for assisting in safeguarding the assets of the enterprise ($150M +) through account analysis and regular monitoring of financial transactions. In addition, this position serves as a business partner with business unit and program leads for budget planning, forecasting, and assessing operations. Business analysis and complex projects involving the analysis of financial and non-financial data will be performed which will enable directors to make appropriate financial decisions that directly affect net income.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing a wide variety of projects and technical accounting issues and processes (e.g. product profitability analysis, investment accounting, tax filings, etc.) as assigned.
- Full cycle general ledger accounting which could include: producing monthly financial statements and other value added reports; foreign currency translations; independently auditing, analyzing, and reconciling asset and liability accounts on a monthly basis; and providing support to external auditors for completion of year-end audits.
- Serving as a business partner/liaison with business unit and program leads for budgeting, forecasting, and planning by providing business analysis to enable management to make appropriate financial decisions that directly affect net income from operations.
- Preparation of financial presentations and related analysis including but not limited to: Executive team; Finance Committee; Board of Directors; and various others as needed.
- Additional projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred with 5+ years in accounting with combined public and corporate accounting or 7+ years of described experience with an Associate's degree required.
- CPA preferred
- Strong FASB experience (research, application, policy development) preferred
- Experience in international and U.S. tax preferred
- Experience in not for profit accounting a plus
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently and under pressure of deadlines
- Full understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to constructively communicate with staff at all levels within an organization to resolve issues and to obtain information to complete projects and tasks (excellent communication, customer, and relationship skills)
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)