Engineering Planner - £35,000, plus excellent pension, life assurance and other benefits including 33 days holiday.
We have a great opportunity for a highly motivated Engineering Planner/ Scheduler to join a leading packaging company and their site in Bedfordshire. Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will use your competencies and expertise in the planning maintenance and safety fields to prepare and coordinate scheduled maintenance work and assist management in decision making.
- Preparing and scheduling the preventive, planned and remedial maintenance work to a minimum of one week in advance.
- Continuously seek to improve systems to optimise the planning and scheduling process. Working with the Reliability Engineer to identify and rectify issues.
- Improving the effectiveness of the engineering department whilst maintaining high standards within Health, Safety & Environment, Housekeeping, Performance, Waste, Communication and Continuous Improvement.
- Effectively supporting the Engineering Manager and Engineering Team to meet output requirements in quality expectations, cost management and the delivery of key objectives and operational performance targets.
- Estimate labour and material resources required for each Work Order.
- Organise and facilitate the weekly scheduling meetings.
- Maintain asset care plans, maintenance records and files essential to meaningful analysis and reporting of engineering-related matters.
- Working knowledge of SAP systems
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven knowledge of using continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Previous experience of planning and co-ordinating maintenance work
- Able to make decisions in a time pressured environment.
- Demonstrable experience of performing to a high level in a fast-paced customer focused. environment
- Strong commercial awareness of the financial impact of decisions
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive starting salary of up to £35,000 plus great benefits. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established multi-site packaging company with a world class reputation.