RKL Resources is assisting one of our clients to identify a Dentist. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing oral care to patients. This care includes providing preventative care in the form of patient education on tooth, gum, and mouth care. The following are the responsibilities and requirements of the position
- Administer anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures.
- Use masks, gloves and safety glasses to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases following OSHA guidelines.
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, and other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments.
- Formulate a plan of treatment for patient's teeth and mouth tissue.
- Use air turbine and hand instruments, dental appliances and surgical implements.
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums and related oral structures, and provide preventive and corrective services.
- Advise and instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes, and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care services.
- Treat exposure of pulp by pulp capping, removal of pulp from pulp chamber, or root canal, using dental instruments.
- Write prescriptions for antibiotics and other medications.
- Design, make, and fit prosthodontic appliances such as space maintainers, bridges, and dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for denturists and dental technicians.
- Remove diseased tissue using surgical instruments.
- Analyze and evaluate dental needs to determine changes and trends in patterns of dental disease.
- Perform oral and periodontal surgery on the jaw or mouth
- Follows OSHA regulations and safety requirements to include compliance with HIPAA guidelines, CPR, X-rays, and other required certifications and registrations.
- Participate in marketing events to promote dental services and the practice.
- Valid and current dental license within the respective state of practice
- Valid and current DEA registration
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years’ experience but consider new graduates
- CPR Certification
- Current and valid drivers’ license and car insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Medicine and Dentistry — the individual has knowledge dental information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities.
- Finger Dexterity — the individual has the ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Problem-solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- A DMD/ DDS degree from an accredited college or university.
Apply for this job now.