Duraco is B2B manufacturer of pressure-sensitive tapes and specialty materials, which are sold into highly attractive end markets including Point-of-Purchase displays, appliances, transit packaging, construction, signage, and HVAC. Duraco' s application-specific tapes are strong alternatives to mechanical fasteners and traditional glues offering longevity, strength, efficiencies in customer's assembly operations and breadth of substrates. The company is headquartered in Forest Park, IL and has a workforce of 150 employees. Duraco has been maintaining loyal relationships for over 40 years and is continuously growing with over 6,800 customers.
Why Work at Duraco?
We are a Team of respectful, collaborative, and passionate individuals who value integrity, accountability, and teamwork. Your voice is heard, individuality is valued, and you are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table. We embrace change and are excited to continue down the path of rapid growth. We believe in working hard and having fun.
Duraco is a manufacturer of double-sided tapes and adhesive coated products based in Forest Park, IL. Duraco provides value to our customers through our unique manufacturing capabilities and ability to deliver quality products on time to meet our customers' demand. This position will evaluate feasibility, define the optimal manufacturing process, design the tooling and provide to our customers the most cost-effective manufacturing process for custom projects as well as improve current processes.
Duraco is actively expanding its customer and product footprint through the acquisition of strategic companies in overlapping and adjacent markets. As the business evolves, we need to adapt and improve our ability to present cost-effective solutions for these projects, improve conversion of new business and implement processes for all stages from sampling to full production. This position has the main responsibility to maintain and improve an efficient sampling and manufacturing process within Duraco.
· Lead prioritization, communication, tracking and reporting on custom and derivative samples and PPAP for new business.
· Provide technical and application support on key projects during quote and sample stages.
· Determine machine selection, rates, and BOM/ROU optimization for new parts.
· Assist cost estimator with production information at quoting stages.
· Generation and/or validation of pre-production samples.
· Perform PPAP's.
· Own complete die management system, including design, maintenance, physical storage disposition and data base maintenance for dies/tools and shims.
· Lead process improvement projects.
· Lead CAPA and CAPEX projects.
· Perform new equipment initial production runs and develop the necessary standard operating procedures (SOP) to ensure the safety of our production staff.
· Participate on AQP meetings.
· Determine and validate the optimal production processes to fabricate a specified part and enter clearly defined fabrication instructions understood at all levels of the company.
· Initialize or provide input for part production instruction changes or updates.
· Review and appraise current manufacturing process/methods and propose improvements.
· Solicit and provide ideas for the elimination of waste, continuous improvement, and defect prevention before and after product commercialization.
· Support NPD programs.
· Carry out responsibilities in accordance with Duraco Safety standards and ISO 9001:2015 standards.
· Any other duties as assigned.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Results driven.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Able to communicate with all levels in the organization (from operation to executive team).
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
· Strong reasoning and analytical ability.
· Comfortable navigating changing priorities.
· Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment.
· Understands and easily connects products, technologies, and capabilities.
· Demonstrated ability to work across different systems and adapt to new processes.
· Outstanding personal integrity and ethics.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
· 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office products with advanced experience in Excel.
· AUTOCAD experience preferred.
· Experience in die-cutting, web handling and/or adhesive coating highly preferred.
· Previous Project Management experience preferred.
· Previous Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
The job description is not an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities and may be revised at any time.
We Believe in Equal Opportunities
We are stronger as a team that welcomes diverse perspectives, experiences, and approaches to foster a stronger, smarter, and more informed Duraco. We are committed to providing opportunities with equal possible outcomes for all. At Duraco, we want to make sure that all feel safe, confident, empowered, respected, and valued. We seek to acknowledge and dismantle inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and we will constantly challenge ourselves to improve our company regarding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.