We are currently looking for a Assembly and Test Technician for our optical precision instrumentation production team in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Assemble, test and qualify optical precision instruments as part of the US production team (mechanical assembly, optical assembly, electronics)
- Repair and calibrate optical precision instruments
- Create calibration documentation (certificates, evaluation reports, etc.)
- Coordinate with the other production team members with regards to order planning, work assignments, purchasing, etc. using lean manufacturing methods
- Report production status, schedules and key performance indicators to management
- Improve and create documentation like assembly instructions, bills of materials, technical documentation, quality documentation etc.
- Make suggestions and implement improvements to the production processes and the products (Lean techniques)
- Take part and be a driving force for continous improvement of the company
- >3 years of hands-on experience in assembly of precision (ideally optical) instrumentation required
- Background in optics instrumentation or technology, physics or precision manufacturing required
- Hands-on mentality
- Knowledge about lean manufacturing (e.g. Six Sigma) techniques is a plus
- Experience using SolidWorks is a plus
Trioptics (#) is a world-leading, innovative provider of optical test and manufacturing solution provider with an international footprint and user base. We work with all big players in the optical industry, from consumer products to automotive cameras to aerospace/defense.
Role: Assembly and Test Technician (Optical instrumentation)
Location: Rancho Cucamonga,
Apply for this job now.