Principal Bridge Engineer
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Principal Bridge Engineer to join an established Structures team based in Newcastle.
- Leading a team of bridge professionals
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems and identifying options
- Taking a leading role in the design, inspection or assessment of major civil engineering structures and bridges
- Designing projects in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works
- Preparing schemes for tender typically using the NEC3/4 Forms of Contract
- Preparing fee estimates and bid work
- The commercial and financial control of your project
- You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing at a general and technical level
What do we need;
- Degree or Masters qualified in Civil Engineering. Ideally you will be Chartered status with ICE or IStructE
- A minimum of 8 years post qualification experience in the design of all aspects of highways bridges and civil engineering design and construction.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures. A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice
If interested, apply to this advert