Staff Nurse Outpatients Surgical Band 5 Southend Full Time
Spire Wellesley has an exciting opportunity for an Outpatient Nurse to join our experienced and dynamic team. Working alongside consultants as well as a wide variety of other specialisms you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment.
Spire Wellesley offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from across Essex. We believe it's our people that really set us apart, from the very best medical professionals, to our attentive and highly experienced support staff
The Wellesley has 3 Theatres (2 laminar flow) and an endoscopy unit, a 33 bedded Surgical Ward covering a wide variety of specialties including Orthopaedics, Bariatrics, General Surgery, Vascular, Plastics, Gynae, Ophthalmology, Spinal, Urology and ENT. We have had a recent Theatre refurbishment to further upgrade our theatre environment and bringing cutting edge technology to our hospital. Duties and responsibilities:
To provide exemplary planned care for patients and assist in the management and organisation of care provision in a variety of hospital settings. To work directly alongside the Consultants. The Outpatient Nurse will Chaperone and assist Consultants during patient examinations and minor surgical procedures. You will be joining an already established team who have a great working environment and numerous training opportunities that will help you develop your potential. Who we're looking for:
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years outpatient or surgical nursing experience.
- Compassionate and able to showcase excellent patient care with strong communication skills
- Desirable: ECG recording, Phlebotomy, Minor Ops, treatment room, venepuncture, Dermatology, Gyneacology
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Carly Dack on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...] For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications