COMPANY: WILD RECRUITMENT
JOB TYPE: Temporary, FullTime
We currently have an amazing ongoing temporary opportunity for an experienced Medical Equipment Technician to work within the medical equipment management department, for the Healthcare sector.
The role is responsible to ensure that equipment operates effectively and safely with the minimum of downtime. Clinical equipment covered incorporates complex electrical, electronic, mechanical, computer and medical gas based systems.
- Perform a range of technical duties, guided by procedures involving autonomous work on both general and complex medical equipment in the clinical and workshop environment to ensure the optimum effectiveness, reliability, availability and safety of medical devices.
- To commission, calibrate, deploy and maintain a wide range of complex medical devices e. Infusion Devices, Patient Monitoring, Defibrillators, etc.
- Investigate and test medical devices, analysing the results to diagnose faults or problems on complex medical devices. Demonstrating equipment operation and techniques to individual clinical users where this is a solution to a problem. Communication of investigation results to users, colleagues and suppliers, sharing knowledge and experience.
- Using primarily computerised systems, make accurate equipment maintenance history records and other information supporting audit, quality and performance monitoring.
- First line support of instrumentation interfaces to specialist clinical computer systems, liaising with IT to resolve problems as necessary.
Qualifications & Requirements:
> Btec HND/C or Equivalent
> Five years experience in electronic servicing.
> Knowledge of specialist test equipment.
> Fault find to component level.
> Ability to work with technical manuals and schematic diagrams
> Ability to work within the confines of a quality system
> Experience of Equipment management information systems and databases
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.