Colonial Logistics currently has an opening for a Fleet Maintenance Manager. We are a growing third-party logistics company with locations currently in Texas and Louisiana. We are looking for a dynamic individual who can provide an immediate impact to our team. We offer completive wage and benefits packages commiserate with experience.
This is a Supervisor position, managing preventative maintenance and repairs for (4) Stations with approximately 30 cargo vans at each station. Coordination between the stations and the vendors to schedule all preventative maintenance and repairs with minimal downtime. They will be handling all reporting directly to our Management Team on any outstanding issues.
The Fleet Maintenance Manger would be responsible for maintaining all vans to ensure safe operations and minimal downtime. This will require excellent time management, communication, record keeping and organizational skills.
- -Implement vehicle and equipment preventive maintenance programs (Fleet Mentor)
- -Manage fleet department budgets
- -Ensure that the Driver pre/post trip inspections are being accurately filled out and are in full compliance
- -Develop and maintain outside vendor and service provider relationships
- -Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- -Rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- -GPS Tracking
- -Make sure all equipment across the country is being maintained properly
- -Lead and direct the work of others
- -Travel to remote branches for safety inspections and compliance
Skills & Experience
- Transportation/Fleet: 5 years (Preferred)
- Knowledge of service repair procedures & paperwork
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Prior experience as mechanic or mechanical knowledge of trailer maintenance preferred
- Prior scheduling experience
- Ability to coordinated multiple locations
Requires up to 50% travel
Role: Fleet Maintenance Manager
Apply for this job now.