Are you seeking better work-life balance?
Are you frustrated with the “big firm” environment, but still want opportunities to advance your career?
We have the perfect Auditor role for you. This individual will join our public sector service team in serving our governmental audit clients. We are looking for a career-driven auditor to add to our amazing team. If you are detail oriented and have a strong passion for understanding and serving your local governments, this position is for you.
Stopp & VanHoy is a CPA and Advisory firm located in Creve Coeur, MO which has specialized in public sector auditing for more than 25 years serving the St. Louis metropolitan area and various clients within the State of Missouri. Our firm embraces the latest technology to serve our clients and supports our employees by offering a modern workplace environment. In addition, we offer a competitive compensation package including:
· 100% paid company paid health insurance
· Paid personal days and holidays
· Simple IRA retirement plan with company match
· Flexible office environment with flex hours and access to a remote work environment
The auditor duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with planning of audits
- Communicating with clients to gather audit workpapers and to resolve audit inquiries
- Prepare schedules and workpapers to support audit procedures for income statement and balance sheet accounts
- Reconcile financial statement accounts
- Prepare trial balances, adjusted trial balances and audit journal entries
- Assist in preparing and proofreading financial statements, notes to the financial statements and other documents
- Research accounting and auditing standards, as needed
- Continuously develop audit skills through education and training
- Special projects as required
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a variety of skills and experience, including:
- College degree required along with three or more recent years in public accounting or in the public sector
- CPA preferred but not required
- Experience with FX Engagement a plus along with Knowledge Coach software
- Software skills required include proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe. Must be willing to embrace and learn technologies
- Ability to meet challenging deadline requirements
- Strong communication skills, must be analytical and possess a strong attention to detail
- State and Local Governmental audit experience desired including experience with Single Audit
- Well organized and able to carry out assignments with minimal supervision
- Travel is required
Stopp & VanHoy is a CPA and Advisory firm located in Creve Coeur, MO. We work with individuals and small businesses to develop a deep understanding of their goals and implement tax and advisory solutions that fit their needs. Our firm embraces the latest technology to serve our clients and supports our employees by offering a modern workplace environment.
Role: Auditor - Public Sector
Location: Creve Coeur,
Apply for this job now.