Ajinomoto Foods® is bringing the world to your table. With a full offering of old-world Italian cuisine, authentic Pan-Asian appetizers, Southwestern comfort foods, ever-popular Mexican mainstays, and fun, innovative appetizers, the Ajinomoto family of companies is a single source for delicious, eye-appealing International dishes that are easy to serve.
Our frozen-prepared foods use authentic recipes prepared with high quality ingredients to stay true to their traditions. Yet, with consumer tastes ever-changing, we're always creating new and exciting dishes to help take advantage of trends both now and tomorrow.
Innovation means staying on the cutting edge of product development. That's why at Ajinomoto, we create recipes that are both delicious and exclusive to us. Then we speed them to market using the latest manufacturing technology and quality control.
We listen to our customers and partner with them to offer customized packaging and provide sales and marketing support to deliver the products their patrons want.
For more information on our company please visit #removed#
Manages, directs and coordinates activities of staff mechanics engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems of the plant and/or other company establishments by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and/or staff.
Provides leadership for all engineering and related technical functions for Ajinomoto facility in Hayward, California. Provides effective management of the Capital Appropriation Program. Directs, coordinates, and as necessary manages key major projects for the business. Provides engineering technical direction in support of new product development, food safety initiatives, and related process improvements.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
· Reviews job/work orders to determine work priorities.
· Provides day to day management, coordination and supervision for all plant facility and utility functions including but not limited to buildings, security, HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical Distribution and Service, Water systems, Compressed Air Systems, special process systems such as thermal fluid boilers, etc.
· Directs Maintenance Department activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
· Develops preventive maintenance program to ensure uninterrupted operation of plants.
· Uses software applications in receiving, shipping, and transferring parts, components, materials and supplies, and in issuing parts and materials to maintenance personnel. Manages software applications to reflect accurate purchase history.
· Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
· Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
· Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
· Monitors expenditure of funds relating to Maintenance and Engineering Department budgets. Directly responsible for Maintenance Department budgeting and compliance to budget for Maintenance Department labor, parts inventory management, and asset management.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Regulatory Compliance Aspects:
· Provides regulatory management compliance for all applicable federal, state and local programs including but not limited to wastewater discharge, solid waste disposal management, etc.
· Provides support for Ajinomoto safety initiatives including active participation in Hayward Safety team.
· Responsible for management and performance of all Maintenance personnel.
· Prepare written performance evaluations of staff and conduct performance evaluation interviews.
· Assure adequate staffing to meet departmental needs.
· Ensure compliance with all applicable statutes and regulations governing employees (including without limitation, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act/California Family Rights Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Fair Labor Standards Act, CAL and Federal OSHA requirements.
· Indirect responsibility for quality and food safety costs and financial benefits to Ajinomoto through compliance to specifications, regulatory performance and reduced customer complaints. Direct responsibility for purchase of laboratory services and materials.
· Bachelor's Degree, Master Degree preferred. 10 years of relevant and progressively more challenging experience.
· Three to five years' experience in food manufacturing.
· Experience with computer application systems related to inventory, distribution, shipping or receiving, especially JDE. Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Office components.
· Excellent management, organization skills, and negotiating skills.
· Self-starter who is able to make changes and improve processes.
· Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Presentation Skills - ability to make clear, concise and convincing business presentations.
· Organizational Skills - excellent people and organizational skills.
· Judgment/Decision Making - ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate business judgment and recommendations independent of supervisor.
· Computer Skills - working knowledge of Microsoft based software, including Excel, Word and Outlook. JDE knowledge a plus.
Position Specific Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
· Valid Driver's License, clean driving record.
· Fluency in English (Written and Verbal) - required.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in the production area.
· Capable of 24-hour, 7-day a week, emergency work assignments.
Ajinomoto Foods is an equal opportunity employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Ajinomoto is a leading manufacturer of innovative and healthy frozen foods, with over 50 years of combined experience in premium branded frozen foods. We are passionate about what we do, what we make, and the people who make us great. Our products -- which range from Asian snacks and entrees, to quick and convenient steamed organic vegetables -- are distributed in every channel of retail, club and food service. Our nationally recognized brands continue to experience spectacular growth as our company expands its product offerings and flavor profiles..
Our work environment is creative, high energy, and driven to success. Every employee -- at every level - has the opportunity to have a significant impact to drive growth in our business. We believe in sharing the success of the business with every contributing employee. We are a diverse, committed team who welcomes those who are achievement oriented and share our values of measuring results with a "can-do" attitude.
To find out more information on our business please visit us at #removed#
Role: Maintenance Manager
Apply for this job now.