Handicare Group | Group Finance Manager | Kingswinford, West Midlands | £55,000 - £65,000 + Bonus (20% of salary OTE) + Benefits (Pension, Life assurance – 3x salary & BHTA cover) | Manufacturing / Retail / Technology
Handicare, a provider of lifting solutions which increase the independence of physically challenged or elderly people, is a genuine Midlands success story that now boasts a client and customer base that is on a global scale.
From humble beginnings, the business now has manufacturing bases in the UK, Holland and China from which it services customers in nearly every continent in the world and employs around 1,000 people.
Having successfully listed onto the Swedish stock exchange in 2017, the business was acquired in 2021 by Canadian accessibility corporation, Savaria.
As a result of this hugely synergistic transaction, the group finance team for Handicare is moving from Stockholm in Sweden to the West Midlands, UK.
Consequently, The Board of Handicare has retained SF Recruitment to recruit three new roles into the newly created group finance team based in Kingswinford, one of which is the Group Finance Manager.
Reporting directly into the Group Finance Director this is a vital role ensuring the overall management of all activities relating to financial controls and process controls. With a strong emphasis on controls within ERP systems, and consistent uploading of information into group financial reporting & consolidation system.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support local controllers and Finance leads to ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly and quarterly results into Group
- Monitor financial performance and compliance of operating entities by analysing results, initiating corrective actions and minimising the impact of variances
- Support the implementation of large-scale IT projects including being the primary driver in Finance for the implementation of D365, securing accurate setup and establishing annual training program
- Drive roadmap and process improvements for internal control in close collaboration with Group FD
- Ensure Handicare legal entities have a strong control environment and provide assistance where needed
- Play an active role alongside local and Group Finance teams in the interim and year end audit process
- Responsibility for the central TP documentation and templates and support business units with transfer pricing policy matters
- Ensure Handicare Finance teams report and account in accordance with Group Finance policies
- Assist local controllers with preparing accounting analysis for complex financial transactions
- Adhoc projects as required
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant, with the ability to think creatively, act proactively and independently whilst working together as part of a wider team.
- Able to build constructive relationships with colleagues to ensure a good level of support
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring work produced is always accurate
- Good level of presentation skills
- Well-developed skills in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel
- Strong commercial awareness gained through a career in Finance or related commercial roles
- Ability to translate financial information and engage with stakeholders in a way that generates understanding and action
- Experience of working with finance teams in a commercial (for profit) organisation
- Previous experience of implementing ERP systems (experience of MS Dynamics 365)
- Previous experience of working in a consumer driven product manufacturing environment.
For more information on the role or to apply with your CV to our retained consultant Bilal Sheikh, please click the apply button below. Please note any direct or 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to SF Recruitment.