The Youth Development Professional (YDP) will provide programming and services on a daily basis to youth enrolled in programs, understand and implement the mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Kootenai County, be knowledgeable in the “5Core Areas” of programming (character & leadership development, education & career development, the arts, health & life skills, and sports, fitness & recreation), provide support to the Branch Director, volunteers, and other staff members, and be able to build positive relationships with youth and parents. Most work is conducted in a Club setting, both indoors and outdoors.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
• Plan Clubhouse programs, activities, and services that prepare youth of success and that create a Club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
• Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
• Recommend and request supplies needed for assigned area
• Set expectations for all members fairly and consistently in alignment with club policies and procedures.
• Plan, develop, and implement daily programs and curriculum, including those handed by the Branch Director.
• Seek new activities within the community and inside the Clubhouse.
• Work with staff on special events including family nights, field trips, and staff development meetings/trainings
• Maintain a clean and tour ready building and ensure a productive environment, maintaining an inventory of all program equipment and supplies in good order.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Some experience working with diverse ages and groups of youth is preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles related to youth development, including an understanding of group dynamics and effective discipline as related to the population of youth served by Boys &Girls Club.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Must adhere to BGCKC Employee Code of Conduct.
• Skills in creative programming.
• Demonstrated ability in working with young people.
• Understand all forms of communication, including active listening.
• Interact with staff, members and family in a professional, positive manner at all times.
• Provide others with necessary, correct and timely information when requested.
• Notify supervisor of any discipline issues or concerns
• Serve as a role model for co-workers and youth in the programs
• Demonstrate responsible, ethical, and professional behavior.
• Maintain contact as needed with community groups, schools, and other related people working with the club.
• Interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards.
• Participate in ongoing training/education
• Contribute to a positive work environment
• Maintain personal wellness
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
• Be CPR and First Aid certified (the Boys & Girls club can arrange for this)
• Maintain a high level of energy
• Be able to lift at least 30lbs
• Be adaptable and flexible
• Assume other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of Youth Development Professionals. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive list of responsibilities, qualifications and objectives, nor limit the ability of the organization to create its own boundaries around employee work performance or compensation.
The Boys and Girls Club provides a safe place to learn and grow, where youth develop ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals. We offer life enhancing programs and character development experiences, hope and opportunity for our members.
Role: Youth Development Professional
Location: Coeur d'Alene,
Apply for this job now.