Broad River Retail is seeking an accomplished Vice President of Marketing and Communications to join our growing team. The Vice President of Marketing and Communications will report to the President and CEO. This critical role requires an experienced thought leader who is results driven and hands-on. The ideal candidate will have 10 plus years experience as a Vice President of Marketing in a growing retail company. The ideal leader is energetic and has a passion to deliver exceptional results and scale the business. The Vice President of Marketing and Communications plays an active part in setting the marketing direction of the company, and developing and executing tactical plans for such. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a core member of the Executive Leadership Team at a company that is known for its innovative and growth-oriented vision.
- Manage, develop, and execute all strategic marketing initiatives including website management, social media management, online marketing, and brand awareness, etc.
- Serve as Broad River Retail’s internal expert on media relations, advertising, and community service initiatives.
- Lead strategic communications initiatives that incorporate traditional and digital communications channels and platforms
- Liaise inter-departmentally with various teams/levels related to marketing and corporate communications initiatives including Retail HomeStores, Merchandising, Human Capital, Talent Acquisition, etc.
- 10 years of experience as an internal and external corporate communications and marketing expert.
- Experience in the retail industry is ideal. Experience in a mid-sized retail company of at least 500 employees is required
- Strategic marketing leader highly experienced but not limited to: Brand management, social media, investment materials, advertising, press releases, public relations, and community outreach. Additionally, the Vice President of Marketing and Communications must have a proven track record in areas of digital, text, television, radio and direct mail marketing including circulars.
- Experience handling press/reporters and developing marketing/communication strategies that comply with both legal and compliance regulations is mandatory
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to lead a team under tight deadlines
- Experience interfacing with or as an external PR consultant
- Experience managing a team of 5+ for at least 5 years is required
Founded in 2003, Broad River Retail (BRR), a Charlotte-owned and operated home furnishings retailer, is the largest and fastest-growing Ashley HomeStore licensee in the Carolinas and Georgia, currently with 17 HomeStores and one HomeStore Outlet. Since the opening of its first store in Pineville, North Carolina, in May 2003, Broad River has been on the fast track toward success. Sales exceeded $127 million in 2016.
In the fall of 2015, Broad River embarked on a historic new chapter in its growth with the move to a new Corporate Campus and Distribution Center in Lakemont Business Park, Fort Mill, SC, just off the busy Interstate 77 corridor. The 140,000 SF state-of-the-art Distribution Center with 24,000 SF of offices was designed to accommodate growth to over twice our current volume. It brought the Company’s Corporate, Distribution Center and Customer Care associates together under one roof from three separate locations and has facilitated a new era of collaboration and team spirit that has helped propel the Company’s growth.
Broad River continues to upgrade our Guests’ shopping experience with refreshed stores, and beautifully staged and ever-evolving merchandising displays that invite and inspire. The flagship Pineville store’s multi-million dollar renovation, completed in August 2017, encompasses the latest elements from Ashley HomeStore’s store environment design team. Every aspect of the store has been upgraded to provide an exciting shopping experience. Greenville, Arden, Spartanburg, Fayetteville, and Raleigh locations are also being refreshed.
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications position is based in Fort Mill, SC.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Broad River Retail will offer the successful candidate an attractive compensation package reflecting the size and scope of the role. Other employee benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K retirement savings with employer match, life insurance, and disability coverage options and PTO.
Broad River Retail currently employs over 500 associates, including over 350 in the stores. We take pride in our employees, as we believe that each person contributes directly to the
ABOUT BROAD RIVER RETAIL: Broad River Retail dba Ashley HomeStore is the largest Ashley HomeStore licensee in the US with 18 HomeStores throughout the Carolinas and Georgia! We offer competitive compensation, paid time off, medical benefits, retirement plan, an employee discount program, and other benefits. There has never been a better time to join our company!
Role: Vice President of Marketing & Communications
Location: Fort Mill,
Apply for this job now.