Delivery Manager required to join a Local Authority to manage upgrade from Drupal 7 to a LocalGov Drupal platform (Drupal 9) so that it can better meet the needs of its users and work with technology that is better suited to the capability and skills of the digital and technology teams.
This role is paying between £400-500 per day and the contract will be up to 9 Months with a possibility of an extension.
• CMS platform upgrade from Drupal 7 to 9 using the Local Gov Drupal distribution
• Manage the migration, improvement, and creation of content
• Manage several project work streams of this programme of work at once, including working with Council Line of Businesses and colleagues throughout all phases
• Manage project requirements - including gathering user stories and artefacts, producing SOW’s, and project plans and successfully delivering those plans (long- and short-term)
• Lead project meetings including kick-offs, status, and retrospectives
• Keep a Risk Register and raise issues accordingly, work on risk mitigation
• Maintain and update all project documentation throughout the project lifecycle, according to PMO guidelines
• Develop and communicate project performance to all stakeholders (internal and external)
• Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the work stream/s
• Maintain industry awareness by keeping abreast of developments in the digital, technology industries and central and local government
• Report to senior officers and Members on progress, and update Project Board
• Previous experience of project managing and delivering a new, high volume/high traffic website
• Working knowledge of content management systems including migration, UAT, QA, etc.
• Crossover digital project delivery, multi-tasking, and willingness to get stuck in
• Agile experience - experience of Agile procedures including Backlogs, Customer Journeys, Use Cases, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, etc.
• MS Project experience
• Proficiency in M365 including Excel, Word and PPT