Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 per annum, Inc benefits
The Property team at Reed are looking for a Building Surveyor with additional knowledge and experience of Fire Safety and Building Safety programmes to join our Clients professional services team who service Clients across the South East.
The Company provide a broad range of services in to the property and Facilities management sector across the UK and are looking to appoint a Building Surveying to strengthen their team.
In this role you will support a range of Institutional Investor Clients manage their Building and Fire Safety obligations for a range of residential properties.
Ideally you will be a residential building surveyor with experience of fire safety in the residential environment and have a passion for diligent service delivery. The role will involve extensive interactions with the client's in house and outsourced professional team to drive a long-term, programme of asset compliance and enhancement in line with customers' expectations.
Key aspects of the job will include:
- Project and Programme Management of all fire safety and building remediation projects
- Provide timely and detailed professional and technical advice
- Reviewing proposals for remediation advising on H&S, fire safety, building regulations, and resident impacts.
- Liaison with client internal and external legal team regards options for remediation - Building Guarantee, collateral warranties etc.
- Liaison with managing agents to commission External Cladding Surveys and completion of EWS1 forms and monitoring of third parties and any applicable works.
- Interpretation of fire survey reports and make recommendations for any required next stage works.
- Monitoring and reporting on mitigation measures.
- Monitoring works to completion including site-inspections as required.
- To build strong relationships with all internal departments, client and partners.
- Regular updates to the client including formal fortnightly programme reporting.
- Monitor communications with interested stakeholders
- Ensure all legislation and H&S obligations are complied with
- Extensive experience in Surveying or similar discipline in the built environment and experience of managing programmes and projects in a high profile and demanding client environment.
- In depth understanding of the H&S regulations that apply to surveying and project delivery.
- Working knowledge of fire regulations within the residential built environment including External Cladding.
- Knowledge of building regulations, planning applications and other property legislation.
- Review and interpretation of building specifications and defects.
- Experience of works tendering including JCT contracts.
- Ideally a Full Member of RICS
- Qualification in Fire Safety and Risk Management, such as. NEBOSH, Fire Protection Association (desired)
- Strong programme and project management skills
- An uncompromising desire to achieve first class, customer-centric service delivery.
- Fully accepting of accountability and comfortable within a full ownership model.
- A real focus on detail and the ability to analyse complex problems and to create innovative solutions.
- Unfaltering dedication to deliver on commitments made internally and to customers.
- Excellent relationship management skills and a demonstrable commitment to ensure all parties collaborate to deliver successful client outcomes.