If you are an experienced Diesel Technician/Mechanic then we want to talk to you about our immediate opportunities. Now is the time to take your career as a Diesel Technician/Mechanic to the next level!!
At First Transit, our technicians and shop managers are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have experience in heavy equipment repair. We are currently looking for a Lead Diesel Technician at our Los Angeles, CA location.
Why pick First Transit? Glad You Asked!
- Competitive Wages & Consistent Pay - Hourly Rate opposed to flat rate
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
LEAD DIESEL TECHNICIAN JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Repairs and maintains transit buses and transit bus equipment.
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Supervises maintenance operations. Plans and distributes the work. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate and monitors performance.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Works closely with location manager providing status of maintenance and budget requirements.
- Identifies and recommends actions to improve operating efficiency.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
LEAD DIESEL TECHNICIAN JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have or be able to obtain a CDL license
- CNG preferred
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
- Possess a combination of education and technical experience including a minimum of 1 year hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Heavy truck shop foreman experience required
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines and transit bus equipment is preferred
- ASE Diesel Certifications Preferred
- Must be able/willing to obtain
- High Value on Master Level Diesel Techs
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Role: Lead Diesel Technician
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.