Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives, proper operation of machines per machine manuals and instructions. To perform this job successfully, an individual should ideally have strong knowledge of high/low voltage electrical, pneumatics, automated machinery, PLC functionality and some programming, general machining, mechanical and fabrication skills, and the ability to customize repairs to machines.
· Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
· Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
· Utilize problem-solving techniques in interacting with other employees in resolving issues.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance & service.
· Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
· Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
· Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Detect faulty operations, defective material and repost those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
· Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
· Other duties as assigned and requested
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Have a AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance or high school diploma/G.E.D. with 2 years experience
· Four years of manufacturing experience, strong in hydraulic, mechanical and industrial skills with PLC experience, HVAC and vacuum experience.
· Knowledge of LOTO (lock out tag out) procedures
- Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, stretch, bend, squat and move about the equipment and facility.
· Exposed to any number of elements but none present to extent of being disagreeable.
We offer paid holidays and earn paid time off personal and vacation time plus earn monthly bonus.
We are hiring for our affiliated business, Seneca Manufacturing Company. This is a certified-compliant tobacco manufacturing company located in Salamanca NY where we manufacturing cigarettes and other tobacco products.
Role: Maintenance Technician Electrical
Location: City of Salamanca,
Apply for this job now.