JOB TITLE: Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
JOB LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
In this role you will be a part of a high-performing team dedicated to excellence in support of our customer in providing software development, systems engineering, and O&M services for a myriad of highly complex, Government-designed and Government-owned enterprise business-critical systems relating to Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Integrated Pay and Personnel Management for the USMC, Navy, and across the DoD.
We are currently seeking a professional Technical Writer to join our team. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with technical staff to ensure accuracy of product and system descriptions.
· Administer 400+ Linux RedHat Enterprise Server systems in development and production environments.
· Deploy bare metal and virtualized RedHat systems using Kickstart and other automated scripts and processes.
· Perform necessary system maintenance in accordance with company change management policies.
· Maintain server operating system (OS) patch levels.
· Document current and new processes as necessary.
· Administer user accounts including creation, deletion, password changes, password policies, resetting locked accounts, etc.
· React to monitoring alerts within the defined SLA
· Troubleshoot complex issues.
· Diagnose performance problems related to network, storage, memory, and/or cpu utilization.
· Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
· Harden RedHat systems in accordance to DoD STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guidelines)
· Collaborate with development and other operations teams to diagnose problems and advance ongoing technical initiatives.
· Develop and maintain tools for analysis or task automation.
· Research, recommend, and implement new technologies, procedures and/or architecture to improve and optimize mission goals.
· Mentor other Linux system administrators.
· Design and execute disaster recovery plans.
· Perform basic storage administration duties for NetApp and Dell EqualLogic systems.
· Ability to work well by self and with other members of team.
· Ability to be part of a 24x7 on-call rotation for after hour and weekend production support.
· Hardworking, detail-oriented, self-motivated, quick learner.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Strong and effective written and oral communication skills.
· Proactive approach to problem solving.
· 7+ years of Linux/Unix systems administration experience in a 24x7 environment.
· 5+ years of professional experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
· 3+ years of experience with VMware (ESX/ESXi, vSphere, vCenter) or equivalent virtual software.
· ITIL Foundation V3 Certification
· Ability to obtain CompTIA Security+ Certification within 30 days of hire.
· Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance.
· Proficiency in Perl, Python, and/or Bash shell scripting to automate various aspects of system maintenance, performance tuning, enhancements, and common tasks.
· Proficiency in configuring seLinux and utilizing iptables.
· Advanced working knowledge of:
- udev rules
- config files in /etc
- file system permissions
- disk partitioning/layout
- mount options
- RAID levels
- environment variables and manipulation
- network bonding/teaming
- syslog server configuration
· Familiarity with the following applications: Puppet, Zabbix, Nagios, Centreon, Cacti, OpenFire, Pidgin, MediaWiki, Eclipse, Subversion, McAfee HBSS (on Linux), McAfee Antivirus (on Linux), Splunk, Apache.
· Familiarity with the following hardware: Dell blade and rack servers, HP blade and rack servers, IBM xSystems servers, Brocade and Cisco switches, F5 load balancers, creation/cabling of network Ethernet cables.
· Familiarity with NetApp and Dell EqualLogic storage systems.
· Familiarity with PHP development.
· Familiarity with the following databases: Oracle 11g/12c, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, MySQL.
· Supporting enterprise applications such as Oracle Weblogic, Cognos, and/or Oracle databases running on Linux.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Ability to talk and hear required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk required.
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop and crouch required.
- Ability to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees.
Newcore Technology Group, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Role: Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
Apply for this job now.