- Sous Chef
- Excellent salary and bonuses
- Immediate Start
My Client, one of the UK's most exciting start-ups in 2021, is looking for an innovative and talented sous-chef to join their team. The role will focus on supporting the Head Chef with development of our Street Food menu from our brightly-coloured Street Food van, and preparing all dishes to the highest standard.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone to support the Head Chef in our Street Food kitchen, and have total freedom to develop new and exciting dishes to keep our guests coming back for more.
· Support with the day to day running of the kitchen in a professional, cost effective and driven manner
· Maintain consistency of food preparation at all times.
· Be the second in charge to the Head Chef, and taking on more responsibility as and when required (e.g. holiday cover).
· Ensure dishes are cooked, prepared, and served or plated to the highest standards possible on a consistent basis.
· Work closely and build solid relationships with suppliers to make sure that all products received are of the highest quality and as requested.
· Adhering to the highest levels of food hygiene and preparation.
· Check incoming goods and deliveries ensuring correct quantities and quality and stored in the right conditions.
· Contribute to the development of new dishes and menus.
· Liaise with the operations team where necessary in the planning and delivery of events.
Food and Kitchen Safety
· Undertake necessary food checks and probing in accordance with the relevant food hygiene and safety standards.
· Ensure that the standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the kitchen meet policy and our legal requirements.
· Ensure all policies, procedures and guidelines are carefully adhered to.
· Raise any concerns about food safety or hygiene to the Head Chef.
SKILLS & PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
· Professional Chef's qualification or equivalent experience
· Current level 3 Food Hygiene certificate and H&S certificate including COSHH
· Experience of working within a high volume, high quality establishment
· Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the hospitality sector.
· Well-rounded experience including experience of cooking in all the main sections/areas of a kitchen.
· Self-motivated and adaptable, with the ability to work on own initiative
· Willing to work to departmental methods and procedures
· Be an effective team player
· Customer focused with a can-do attitude
· Willing to help with tasks outside of day to day duties
· Be able to forward plan and organise your workload.
- Willing to be on call out-of-hours to attend to emergencies (reimbursement for additional hours worked)
- Full, clean driving licence
This role is an immediate start and is offering an excellent starting salary and bonuses