About CenturyLinkCenturyLink (NYSE: CTL)
is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business. Job Summary
Basic level installation, decommissioning and troubleshooting problems of network equipment and circuits. Responsible for preventative and demand maintenance of the network, critical infrastructure, materials management, and becomes familiar with the company's systems and applications. In some instances, may be responsible for the outside plant network in a given geographic boundary, including metro and long haul fibers. Job Description
- Responsible for asset management: processes deliveries and replenishes consumables.
- Coordinates shipping and receiving of materials.
- Maintains tools, test sets, and electronic equipment including, but not limited to: fiber optic transmission equipment, lightwave multiplexing equipment, AC and DC power equipment.
- Assists in installs, provisions, tests, and maintains DS0 thru OC192 services. May install and test transmission/switching equipment.
- Troubleshoots network equipment, removes and replaces defective modules, tracks spares and ensures repair.
- Monitors/locates route and assists in executing restoration in the event of a service interruption, proactively responds to potential problem areas in order to ensure integrity of the network.
- Responsible for learning all of the systems and applications required to perform the job function adequately.
- Updates installation records, enters appropriate detailed log information on trouble tickets for reference, and provides reports to others on status updates and issues related to assignments.
- Performs preventive/scheduled maintenance and inspections on equipment and on the critical infrastructure including, but not limited to: HVAC systems, high-voltage electrical systems, DC Power Plants
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- 0-2 years network monitoring, installation, or maintenance/repair.
- Entry-level technician with experience and/or knowledge of at least one of the four major technician disciplines.
- Those technical disciplines are: Transmission (DS1/DS3/SONET), Switching (circuit-switching/SS7), TCP/IP (routers/higher-layer protocols), and Outside Plant (Fiber locating, OTDR, Mass Fusion Splicing, etc.).
- Have knowledge of locating fiber optic cable, right-of-way, and As-Builts.
- Must maintain site security and cleanliness.
- Must have PC skills and be well versed in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Must possess the ability to quickly learn corporate databases.
- On-call 24x7 on a rotational basis, on stand-by, call out, dispatch, and overtime are required as dictated by the business.
- A valid driver's license required.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma/GED or up to 2 years of relevant job experience. Relevant job experience is described as:
- Job experience in similar industry
- Job experience with similar essential duties
- Experience: <2>
- Education Level: High School/GED
- Field of Study: Electronics or Telecommunications
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Field Tech - Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; lift 50 lbs.; works in all weather conditions
High School Diploma or EquivalentAlternate Location:
US-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia Requisition #:
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at #removed#/testguides/ EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- provided by Dice