Housing Maintenance / Home Improvement Services Supervisor - Fixed term contract until March 2022.
Conwy and Denbighshire Care and Repair provides a range of services designed to improve, repair and adapt homes for those with disabilities and those aged 60 or over. We provide a holistic service, supporting clients not just in relation to specific works, but also in relation to any other work, assistance or intervention they may benefit from. We are a subsidiary of Grŵp Cynefin, a housing association that provides homes across the six North Wales and North Powys local authority areas.
We provide advice and assistance on a range of aspects designed to enable clients to remain independent in their own homes and we do so through a variety of services - one of which is our Gerddi Gwyrdd Home Improvement Service.
Comprised of a skilled team of 7, this service provides home improvements such as private works, adaptions, small repairs (home and garden), bathroom fittings and skilled joinery work.
As the Home Improvement Services Supervisor, you'll ensure that the service provided to Gerddi Gwyrdd clients, partners and stakeholders is of the highest standard, supporting the small repairs, adaptations, minor and major works services to meet standards for both performance and customer service. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Scheduling works for the team and organising the workload
- Visiting clients in their homes to provide advice and guidance to help them make informed decisions about repairs and adaptations to their properties
- Monitoring works to ensure completed to a high standard, and using your trade skills to provide hands-on support when required
- Responding to internal and external customers promptly and professionally
- Compiling regular reports and providing feedback to the Home Improvements Manager on workload progress and service development matters
- Line management responsibility for 7 staff members
What will I need to be considered for this Home Improvement Services Supervisor vacancy?
- Be a time-served tradesperson, with experience of working within a construction environment
- Knowledge and understanding of building contracts including scheduling of rates
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulations, Scaffolding Regulations and Planning and Building Regulations
- Commercial awareness with good negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- IT literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
What will I receive in return?
As a Home Improvement Services Supervisor, you will join an open and honest working environment, where we learn from our mistakes and celebrate our successes. You'll receive:
- A salary of £27,186 per annum
- 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Essential mileage allowance
- Pension scheme
You'll be employed on a fixed term contract ending 31st of March 2022. You will be required to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required to meet business demands.
Location: Based out of the office in St Asaph (North Wales), with regular travel required to client homes across Conwy and Denbighshire.
More about us:
We have a clear vision, targets and ambitious plans, with a determination to make them happen, and the close-knit team work together to achieve a common objective, respecting each other and sharing ideas so we can continue to successfully innovate to support and develop communitie