Company: SEARCH CONSULTANCY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Search Consultancy Accountancy & Finance are delighted to once again be partnering with this growing management services company to appoint a new Finance Manager. This role offers the opportunity to be part of an exceptional finance team as they continue on their growth journey. You will manage a small portfolio of project companies and be involved with the full accounting cycle, from preparing management and statutory accounts, to advising in board meetings and managing stakeholder engagement. This is an opportunity to use your accounting knowledge to truly have an involvement with the bigger picture of the company.
This position welcomes first time movers from practice or those who've built up their experience in industry. Experience managing multiple projects from a finance perspective is desirable.
- Manage a portfolio of companies and the accounts assistant assigned to each
- Utilise your communication skills to facilitate strong working relationships
- Liaise with various stakeholders such as lenders, shareholders, suppliers, operations and local authorities
- Use your analytical mind-set to develop and challenge as required
- Proactively identify and then implement process improvements as you see fit
- Take full responsibility for the preparation of management accounts
- Reconcile the trial balance to SUN Systems accounting package
- Prepare reports to include analysis of actual vs budget
- Supervise the preparation and submission of VAT and CIS returns
- Prepare the statutory accounts for the year end audit and liaise with auditors
- Present quarterly finance reports to shareholders at board meetings
- Maintain financial and operating models and prepare budgets and cash flow forecasts
- CA/ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Experience either within a practice setting or a similar project environment
- PFI experience not essentially but highly desirable
- Strong Excel skills including use of pivot tables, vlookups and sumifs.
- Excel modelling skills would be a benefit, but not a requirement
Salary will be within the region of £45,000 - £50,000 per annum plus benefits including a bonus, competitive pension and hybrid working