JOB SUMMARY: The LPN Clinical Associate will assist the Resident Care Director with the supervision of the Resident Care Aides, medication assistance, activities of daily living, and the observation and evaluation of the medical/clinical needs of the residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitor physical, emotional, social and cognitive functioning levels of residents.
- Work with resident care coordinator to arrange transfer to another care level if needed.
- Keep the physician and families updated on changes in the resident status and ensure the physician instructions regarding care are met.
- Assist resident care coordinator in assessing the functional level of applicant as needed.
- Assist the resident care coordinator in reviewing all medical information.
- Ensure that admission DSS 3122 is complete prior to resident admission.
- Assess each resident’s health and functional abilities.
- Communicate with residents and families regarding health status.
- Work with residents’ primary physicians to coordinate care needs and medical orders.
- Maintain all resident nursing records as required.
- Maintain resident confidentiality.
- Assign and direct all resident care in absence of resident care coordinator.
- Assure staffing coverage at all times.
- Assist resident care coordinator with the set up of med-assist/reminder program for resident requiring such service.
- Supervise resident care assistants in maintaining a safe medication assist program.
- Assume responsibility for proper storage of all medications not kept by the residents.
- Maintain medication records, review and transcribe medication orders including new prescriptions and medication changes, monthly medication administration records (MAR’s) and ensure all medication orders are signed.
- Ensure that resident care assistants follow MAR instructions and that the resident care assistants sign MAR in accordance with department of health regulations.
- Keep resident care coordinator updated on medication changes when needed.
- Phone in refills for residents on med-assist program and notify resident’s family if they pick up refills.
- Provide resident teaching re: medication and medical equipment as needed.
- Communicate all pertinent information to other staff.
- May be assigned on-call duty on a rotational basis to handle resident and program
- emergencies as needed.
- Required to work every other weekend.
- Conduct in-service training for resident care assistants as needed.
- Assist resident care coordinator with in-service training as needed.
- Ensure that resident care assistants follow policies and procedures.
- Participate in quality assurance process.
- Conduct audits regarding nursing program as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: Good nursing assessment skills. Strong team approach to working with other staff. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: Current license and registration as a licensed practical nurse
EXPERIENCE: Three years’ experience with older adults. Current New York State license and registration as a registered nurse may substitute the LPN requirement and a portion of the experience requirement.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires occasional walking and standing in and around the reception area, and lobby. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 50 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of essential job duties are performed indoors as well as in resident areas where universal precautions apply. Employee may be exposed to indoor temperature fluctuations.
Episcopal SeniorLife Communities provides a full spectrum of care and housing options for seniors including skilled nursing, transitional care, assisted living, specialized memory care, hospice, independent living, affordable housing, and patio homes. In addition, Neighborhood Programs promote health and wellness to seniors in the surrounding areas of our communities, expanding traditional services and allowing seniors to age in their place of choice. Our focus on each individual makes us one of the most trusted providers of senior care in the Rochester area.
Six campuses are conveniently located throughout Monroe County. Priority Consideration to all levels of care is a courtesy offered to each resident.
Role: LPN (FT and PT)
Apply for this job now.