ABC Teachers are recruiting on behalf of an excellent SEND school based in Loughborough for experienced SEN Youth and Support workers to assist in the classroom on both a full and part time basis.
- This position offers flexible days to fit about your current commitments, you can advise us whether you would prefer to work full or part-time.
- Dealing with complex and sensitive situations, including challenging behaviours, working on a 1:1 and very small group basis.
- The school provides a wonderful learning environment and SEND expert staff, who are highly committed to their pupils.
- This school provides opportunity to positively change children's lives, allowing them to achieve their 'personal best', with an ENABLES culture, which embodies the high aspirations and passion to provide outstanding outcomes for all pupils.
- Caters for both primary and secondary aged students, who have complex and severe learning difficulties, including ASD, physical difficulties, and developmental delay.
To be considered for the Youth and Support position, you will:
- Have previous experience working with children and young individuals with Special Education Needs and Disabilities which can be referenced.
- Suitable qualifications are desirable, such as Learning Support, Health and Social Care and Young Peoples Workforce.
- Strong communication skills will enable you to quickly build a rapport with students which is essential to this role.
- Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 01543 227939.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.