IT Technical Support Engineer
Healthcare IT & Optical Medical Systems
£31K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits Package including Pension, Private Healthcare, contributions to home Broadband and full, comprehensive and industry recognised product training
**An excellent opportunity for an ambitious IT Support Engineer, Software Support Engineer or Helpdesk Support Engineer with good customer facing or remote customer support experience, to join a global market leading supplier of sophisticated medical instrumentation, offering full and comprehensive manufacturer's training**
Based from Cambridgeshire
The Company - IT Technical Support Engineer, Medical Systems
My client is a worldwide leading manufacturer of technically advanced optical, microscopy and electronic visualisation systems, trusted by scientific and healthcare professionals to deliver 'best in class' product solutions across their key markets, which include life science research and drug discovery, medical systems and semiconductor manufacture. Employing over 25,000 people and with representation in over 80 countries globally, this organisation operates at the forefront of technology and innovation, with an unrelenting commitment to research and development, world class manufacturing facilities and the recruitment of good people central to their future success.
The Role - IT Technical Support Engineer, Medical Systems
This exciting role is a technical role to manage the installation and support of FORUM, an Ophthalmology PACS software application. This is a multifunctional role encompassing, project management, pre-sales support and technical support. Technical support will be provided to customers, sales teams and field service engineers via the telephone and remote support software.
Although this is an office-based role there will be occasional requirements to visit customer sites and provide support at major exhibitions (some overnight stays may be required).
- Provide technical support to customers and their IT departments:
- Remote and telephone support
- Diagnoses of software and connectivity problems
- Application support
- Software upgrades
- Assist the Sales Team with FORUM Opportunities:
- Provide technical input for tenders and customer presentations
- Review quotations for technical correctness
- Attend customer meetings to technically support the sales process
- Project Manage all aspects of FORUM installations and upgrades:
- Assisting customers in the completion of Site Survey documents
- Providing technical specifications to customers and IT departments
- Coordinating installation dates between customers and employees
- Installing software remotely
- Providing IT and FORUM support to Field Service Engineers & Clinical Trainers
- Technical Project Administration
- Maintain project documentation
- Creating & maintaining Customer Training Materials
- Providing support to 3rd party suppliers
Your Background - IT Technical Support Engineer, Medical Systems
Applications for this exciting role are welcome from IT Support Engineers with experience dealing with customers. You might be a Software Support Engineer with customer facing experience or an IT Helpdesk Support Engineer with remote support experience, with good communication skills and professional telephone manner.
The Benefits - IT Technical Support