The client is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, the company has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
The company is looking for a motivated and versatile R&D Engineer to join our team. Our current program scope involves the design, development and evaluation of a new generation power module, and electrolyte management system, to characterize and improve electrolyte chemistry.
- Responsibility in developing and validating low cost bipolar plates and membranes for All-Iron Redox Flow Battery.
- Responsible for optimizing electrolyte chemistry for efficiency and durability.
- Assist in design validation of innovative electrolyte management subsystems.
- Design, construct and perform reliability tests on various key system components
- Build and test flow batteries, and electrolyte management system, of various sizes and capacities using developed materials and chemicals.
- Able to troubleshoot, collect and analyze data and present test results to the engineering team.
- Run design validation tests and perform analyses afterwards to guide design goals for improved battery performance and reliability.
- Develop and optimize chemical processes for flow batteries of different scales.
Interact with manufacturing engineer to scale up production of the developed new generation membranes