Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £27.00 - £29.00 per hour
Children’s Disability Nurse Role
We are looking to recruit a qualified Children’s Nurse for our clients nursing team. This temporary role (could turn into permanent) provides overnight respite care for children who have complex needs and disabilities at our service in Banbury.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting children and young people with additional needs and disabilities, sensory impairments, and challenging behaviour. Some of the children under the care of our client have life-threatening conditions.
The environment is well-resourced, safe, and stimulating. We provide stimulating play and leisure activities using facilities both on and off-site. Our experienced team will support and enable the successful nurse to further develop their skills and expertise.
Our client responds flexibly and responsively to the needs of the children/young people and their families. Our working hours and shift patterns reflect this. You will be required to work shifts, sleep-ins, and possibly an occasional night duty to cover a 24-hour service. All staff work two weekends out of four.
Our client will consider nurses with a general nursing qualification, a learning disability qualification, or a children’s nursing qualification. Our clients' nurses are responsible for direct care for children with significant health needs, holding a case load of link children and for the delegated health care task training and assessment of the team.
We provide excellent opportunities for further training and development.
- Improving or maintaining a person’s physical and mental health
- Reducing barriers to individuals living an independent life
- Supporting the person in living a fulfilling life
- Helping individuals to gain the skills needed to find work
- Being an advocate for people with a learning disability
- Working both individually and in a team to provide care
- Assessing, observing, and reporting on the condition of patients
- Preparing patients for operations and procedures
- Recording pulse, temperature, and respiration and keeping accurate records of these observations
- Setting up drips and blood transfusions
- Maintaining and checking intravenous infusions
- Administering drugs and injections
The pay rate for this temporary role is between £27-£29 per hour. This is a great opportunity for those looking to grow and develop in their career. This role has a good chance of turning into a permanent role after three months for the right person.
For further information, please Jeevan on or email at and I will be in touch.