My Shortlist

Your shortlisted jobs will appear here. To view your shortlist: Login Or Register

Date Added: Wed 25/10/2023

French Speaking Freight Planner

Trafford Park, M17, UK
Apply Now


Job Type: Permanent, Full Time

Salary: £24000/annum negotiable

I have an excellent position available for a small team in Trafford.

You will join a small freight forwarder specialising in cross channel road freight services between the UK and France, both ways.

The company acts as the middle man between manufacturers who have got products to move to and from Europe and hauliers with trailers and drivers. They source trailer capacity from and work with a number of French/English and European haulage companies.

This is a varied role, but there is a lot of admin, due to the paperwork required for customs.

50% done over the phone and 50% over the phone (both inbound and outbound calls).

90% of the customers are English, the other 10% French, but they subcontract mainly to French hauliers, so fluency in both English and French is a must - both spoken and written.

The ideal candidate:

* Fluency in both English and French a must - both spoken and written (50% of the role over the phone, 50% over the emails)

* Preferred but not essential: 1 year experience minimum in the European road transport / freight industry (export and / or import) or in a customs role OR 1 year minimum previous customer service experience in a business / office environment essential and / or in a sales & customer service coordination role in an office environment

* Good communication skills, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills

* Good organisational skills, and attention to details

* Ability to cope with workloads which vary and can be heavy at times, as well as repetitive tasks and deadlines, working productively and accurately in a high pressure environment.

* Enthusiastic and pro-active individual

Apply online for further information
Apply Now