Do you want to work in one of the cities most unique venues? Do you have hospitality sales experience? If you answered yes to both of these questions we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Director of Sales to lead our sales team in Baltimore. The Director of Sales (DOS) will successfully manage the sales team including recruitment, training, coaching, motivating, development, and retention. The DOS will oversee implementation & execution of city sales strategy and tactics to ensure sales goals are achieved.
Sales & Marketing
- Participates in the development of the city's sales & marketing strategies and tactics.
- Develops key accounts
- Directs the development of the city Sales and Marketing Plan. Plan includes account development activities for key customers and prospects within each market segment
- Develops specific sales strategies with General Manager and appropriate Sales Managers for targeted accounts
- Sets quarterly sales goals for all sales staff
- Ensures effective execution of the Sales and Marketing plan by:
- Directing the efforts of the sales team
- Accompanying sales team members on face-to-face sales calls to observe and coach
- Barging sales team member telephone sales calls to listen and coach.
- Identifying skill training needs for all sales team members
- Working with each sales team member monthly to evaluate performance/skills and providing necessary coaching
- Providing company designed sales training and coordinating with HQ other training
- Reviewing performance of all sales team members on a monthly or weekly basis
- Works with General Manager to develop all budgets and goal according to company guidelines
- Works with General Manager and City Directors to develop city's cruise management plan
- Participates in the development of the city's strategic business plan
- Identifies and recommends local market advertising and promotion opportunities
- Executes other projects as assigned by management
Sales Team Management
- Focuses on retaining top caliber account managers
- Recruits new sales people when necessary to fill vacant positions
- Provides and executes an integration plan for each new hire or promotion
- Recommends appropriate compensation packages within company guidelines
- Identifies each sales team member's needs to provide better motivation
- Provides and directs development/career growth plans for each sales team member
- Provides annual performance reviews of all sales team members
- Recommends the promotion of team members
- Develops positive working relationships with other department heads and peers
- Visits targeted accounts with Sales Manager (current and prime prospects) at least once per year
- Provides leads to sales people from networking
- Active member of appropriate local associations
- Resolves all customer sale problems
Job Specifications / qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of total sales experience consisting of at least 3 years of hands on experience in proactive face-to-face selling and minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Successfully managed a sales team
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Develop and maintain key sales accounts
- Recruit successful sales professionals
- Negotiate agreements
- Train, develop and motivate strong sales team
- Analyze and solve problems
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by job responsibility
- Set aside emotional factors and/or validate them in order to discover key/relevant issues
- Provide advice/opinion and exercise discretion concerning confidential and sensitive matters
- Persuade and influence people
- Manage client relationships
- Listen effectively, assesses the situation, determine relevant issues, identify solutions and gain consensus
- Work with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel) and sales prospecting software
- Perform sales analyses
- Translate analyses & research into sales actions
- Develop strategic marketing plans
We offer a strong base salary plus team commissions to bring the leadership role to over 100k
REACH: We have successfully recruited in the hospitality, medical, finance and accounting, and manufacturing and engineering industries. We have a diverse group of clients within each of our industries that support our ability to connect candidates with the opportunities that are right for them.
DEPTH: We approach things a little differently than most recruiting companies. We build relationships with our clients and candidates in order to aid in making a successful long-term match.
SUPPORT: We pride ourselves on being partners and guides with our candidates and clients as we develop an intelligent, hand tailored process that does not waste their time.
See more information about open positions on our Goodwin Recruiting website:
Role: Director of Sales
Apply for this job now.