General Manager - Military Aerospace Business Unit
Directs and coordinates the activities of the designated global Infrastructure BU to obtain economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Matches short and long term goals to deliver consistent annual revenue and profit growth in line with the Annual Plan requirements.
EDUCATION: BS in Engineering and MBA or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: 10 years engineering management experience, Channel to Market, and/or Product management/marketing management experience. Three - Five years general management experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: In-depth knowledge of the Military Aerospace customers and business, technical knowledge of components and products.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute a multi-year strategic plan
- Demonstrated ability to work across geographical and cultural regions
- Ability to lead cross functional/department groups to achieve goals
- Good leadership skills
- Good management and people / organizational development skills across cultures
- Understanding of the Sales process
- Set organizational priorities, resist defocusing.
- Support customer, even when it costs the company.
- Support your people, but not at the expense of other departments - Win/Win.
- Anticipate, acquire, and analyze market demand and competitive information.
- Be creative and take calculated risks.
- Be a coach – don’t over manage; provide quality leadership and develop your team.
- Be able to work across Division and organizational lines when those groups may not report to you.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES:
- Develops the Annual Plan budget and quarterly plans for the global Division. Does whatever is necessary to make the Plan numbers including revenue, gross margins, and operating profit.
- Directs and coordinates strategic planning for the global Division as a whole – understanding customer needs, competitive abilities and where and how competitive advantage can be gained. Directs and coordinates strategic product planning for all existing product lines in the Division to develop new markets, increase share of market, and obtain competitive position in industry.
- Plans, develops and implements the Military Aerospace Product Division goals and tactical plans. Clearly communicates these goals to the entire Division. Drives execution, follows up and measures completion.
- Insures effective communication between different global Division locations and people.
- Sets Division structure and coordinates activities of marketing, engineering, quality, program management and other Division functions to maximize operational efficiency, economy, and meet Division goals.
- Develops a yearly budget by using the established company budgeting process. Monitors, analyzes and manages the Division’s spending versus budget to identify areas in which improvement in financial performance can be achieved.
- Schedules regular meetings with managers to review bookings activity, new product development, marketing, product launch, quality, and Division operations.
- Regularly visits customers to determine market requirements and customer needs as well as their evaluation of company technology, quality, delivery, service and communication.
- Leads an annual Strategic Business Review process for the Division to set and document Division goals and plans to achieve them, updating it mid-year, and presents it for review and approval by the senior staff of the company. This Review coordinates Sales, Division and Operations activities for the Division.
- Ensures the development of Division directors and other senior managers by guiding and working with them to set performance objectives (based on the Division’s operating plan), offering constructive performance appraisal feedback, as well as ensuring that the responsibilities and accountabilities of direct reports are defined and understood.
- Confers with the CEO to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Responsible for developing a productive relationship with Operations and Sales.
- At all times, acts in a manner consistent with company Statement of Principles.
Role: General Manager
Apply for this job now.