COMPANY: HOLMAN FENWICK WILLAN LLP
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: Up to £20,000 per annum pro rata
HFW is a sector focused global law firm. We have over 500 lawyers working across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We take a progressive approach to our roles in commercial business – thinking creatively and pragmatically to support our clients. Whether we are solving complex issues within the construction, aviation or shipping industries, or providing advice across insurance, commodities and energy, we are specialist lawyers here to add value to our clients. We think about the commercial solution first, and then underpin our advice with a solid foundation of legal expertise.
To establish and maintain an on-going service-based relationship with group staff and translate their needs and expectations into a responsive administrative service.
In line with policies and procedures, key responsibilities include:
- Administration and file management:
- Undertake large and small copying requests;
- Bind and finish copied work as appropriate;
- Scan work onto the system;
- Receive and process file management requests;
- Open new file folders and label accordingly;
- Return or add documents to existing client files;
- Work with the practice management system to log and record documents;
- Undertake all file management and file housekeeping procedures to ensure filing is constantly up-to-date;
- Handle and administer closed files as requested;
- Process archive retrieval requests;
- Distribute post;
- Liaise with Document Services to organise couriers;
- Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm's contacts system;
- Maintain all filing and work areas in a tidy and orderly manner.
- Enter estimates onto the system;
- Track budget alerts;
- Ad hoc duties (such as maintaining various spreadsheets and inputting information).
Legal (as and when required):
- First pass document processing in large disclosure exercises;
- Preparing bundles for trial/arbitration;
- Copy-checking documents for accuracy;
- Legal research; and
- Translations (as appropriate).
- Deal with any enquiries in a prompt and efficient manner;
- Communicate with legal departments on file management issues;
- Consistently and appropriately update service users on progress where appropriate;
- Work with service users to offer assistance wherever possible.
Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested.
Key Skills Required
- Law degree or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Capable of taking initiative and developing solutions to any issues encountered, liaising with colleagues as necessary.
- Flexible and enthusiastic self starter.
- Able to work alone as well as within a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to retain high concentration levels for extended periods of time.
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Able to build confidence, respect and trust with others quickly.
- Flexible with regard to service to ensure deadlines are consistently met.
Kindly note that this job description is not contractual. It will be reviewed periodically and may be amended or altered to meet the needs of the firm.
HFW aims to ensure equality of opportunity, and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will be considered only on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
Please note that, due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be shortlisted.
HFW collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants to manage its recruitment process. The firm is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. For information on how the firm will process your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website (#removed#/Privacy-Notice), in the section "What we collect and how we use it".