Assist with coordination of the HAY(Healthy Asian Youth) program in reading curriculum development and implementation for grades K-8. Provide supervision and guidance for youth ages 5-13.
20-24 Hours Per Week; Monday-Friday 3-7pm
- Support the Program Manager and Glenwood Staff with various tasks.
- Work with students to identify and address the needs of particular students who are struggling; design methods of learning that are most appropriate for participants; work extensively with youth to help improve specific reading and math skills.
- Facilitate planning and implementation of workshops led by the Program Manager
- Support the Program Manager in developing and administering reading evaluations and assessments. Maintain accurate and timely service records in accordance with contract requirements and agency procedure.
- Facilitate activities before and after Homework help/Tutoring, including recreation.
- Actively engage and supervise students during after school program.
- Transport clients to and from activities when necessary.
- Ensure that clients have a positive experience with the program.
- Actively participate in relevant AACS meetings and trainings as needed.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner reflective of AACS.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Asian American Community Services (AACS) is the premier non-profit community-based organization serving the needs of Asian, Asian American and Pacific Islanders in Central Ohio. Since 1976, AACS has led efforts to empower and develop the local Asian community through its expansive and proactive programs and services.
Role: After School Program Assistant
Apply for this job now.