JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for the dispatch operations in the Transportation Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Prepare daily records and memos and maintain filing system for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
* Complete transportation pouches including route manifests, invoices, special customer notifications, maps and stores keys for drivers.
* Develop and update driver and helper dispatch schedule daily.
* Understand DOT hours of service and ensure driver compliance.
* Set up daily tractor/trailer assignment for drivers.
* Verify roadworthiness and keep maintenance records for tractors and trailers.
* Call customers to inform them of variances in delivery times.
* Expedite driver manifests and highlight keys.
* Provide timely reports to immediate supervisor as requested.
* Possess very strong interpersonal skills and be able to discuss dispatch issues with Driver Specialists, Customers and managers.
* Meet this position's physical demands.
* Other duties may be assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* High School Diploma.
* Knowledge of mainframe computer software (PeopleSoft) relating to record keeping/scheduling for drivers and helpers.
* Preferred experience in Windows environment and on Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access programs; or similar programs.
* Have 2 years in similar function (preferred).
* Map reading abilities.
* Understanding of distribution systems.
* Ability to communicate in various methods with different levels.
* Mathematical ability for maintaining schedules.
* Understanding of dispatch issues and procedures
Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles for conveyance of materials, freight, or passengers, or for normal installation, service, or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business. Duties may include using radio, telephone, or computer to transmit assignments and compiling statistics and reports on work progress.
Select APPLY NOW to hear from a recruiter within 24 hours.
Share this job with friends and family and earn dollars for every successful hire.
ManpowerGroup recognizes the importance of providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment by offering equal opportunity to access our services. At ManpowerGroup, we are committed to providing accommodations, and will work with you to meet your needs.