We are a multi-location fast paced, fast growing print, sign marketing services company just outside of Baltimore, Maryland. We are part of the world’s largest printing, marketing services and large format network, as well as being the leader in document management and e-commerce for the printing industry. Our full-service printing company is dedicated to providing exceptional service and outstanding quality to our growing customer base from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations.
Our company is dedicated to helping our customers and prospects more effectively grow their business. We do this through acting as a communications consultant and expert resource which allows customers to concentrate on building their own business’. Offering integrated cross-media direct marketing programs, web-to-print solutions, and traditional services such as mailing and fulfillment services, graphic design, printing, copying, finishing, poster, banners, vehicle wraps wall graphics, window graphics, banners, event booths, posters, and custom signs.
We are seeking a Sign Production Operator. The right candidate for this role would have prior sign and graphics production experience, is enthusiastic, able to work under pressure to make deadlines, has a keen attention to detail and is able to follow oral and written instructions. A working knowledge of large format inkjet file prep, production, finishing and installation is highly desired. This position is full-time Monday-Friday with occasional overtime. Pay will commensurate with experience.
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in a sign shop, specifically vinyl sign application.
- Experience with some or all of the following highly desired: print production, vehicle wrapping, laminating, cutting, weeding, mounting, wall wrapping, architectural films, sign production, installation of commercial signage and operating a large format printer including RIP software preferred, but not required.
- Portfolio or samples of your recent work/projects - not required but an asset.
Sign Installation Skills
- Ability to install signs and graphics of all types including but not limited to dimensional letters, channel letters, large vinyl and print graphics, post and panels, concrete bases and forms, dig holes, etc.
- Adept at using hand and power tools such as hammer, drills, table & panel saws, jigsaws, various wall anchors and mounts, post concrete, grommet machine, corner rounders, levels, files, rulers, tall ladders and aerial lifts/booms.
- Ability to safely climb ladders of varying heights.
- Knowledge of and ability to use booms/lifts/cranes to install sign and/or graphics is desired but not required.
- Some electrical experience desired but not required.
- Must be able to do detailed site surveys to get all required specifications for full scope of work including but not limited to measurements, mounting requirements, access and photos.
Sign Making Skills:
- Experience using a vinyl plotter, and application of various types of vinyl.
- Skilled in application of large format digital graphics, including vehicle wraps.
- Must have working knowledge sign substrates and their applications.
- Must be experienced using knives and other sign-making/installing tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, file sharing, file conversions, file transfers- highly desired.
- Reliable, presentable, detailed oriented with excellent customer service skills.
- MUST be a self-motivated team player, and demonstrate a professional, upbeat, positive attitude.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy with highly developed multi-tasking and organization skills.
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations and customer requests.
- Must be motivated, energetic, and able to problem solve on site.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., work with power tools, and use ladder a comfortably.
- Valid driver's license/clean driving record a must.
Role: Sign Production Operator
Apply for this job now.