About Our Client
Our client, based in the Barnsley area, is an established growing and acquisitive SME organisation who have ambitious plans to grow organically and through acquisition. The business, currently sub £10m turnover, have a clear track record for success and are now looking to appoint their first Finance Director to the organisation to work closely with the owner & leadership team and head up the finance department.
Reporting to and working alongside the owner and leadership team, you will be required to drive improvements in systems, processes and controls, enhancing financial reporting and planning, budgeting, and forecasting. You will have need a strong understanding of technical concepts but will have proven business management and development experience.
Key Duties include:
- Provide strategic and operational financial leadership.
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with regulations and legislation.
- Produce statutory accounts and oversee production of monthly management accounts
- Company Secretarial duties; ensuring compliance, primary contact for Bankers/Lawyers/Brokers.
- Appropriate tax planning and compliance
- Management of the annual budgeting process; maintain profit/cash forecasts.
- Lead and develop the finance team and also a new senior leadership team across the business
- Involvement in all financial planning, financial accounting control.
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate financial information e. Monthly management reporting to the board.
- Identify key risks and opportunities for the business.
- Ability to act as a business partner to the owner senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support.
- Provide all supporting analysis to validate strategy and business plan.
- Ad hoc project work such as working on potential acquisitions, due diligence, funding & provide support where needed for the owner
- Undertake third party contract reviews, providing commercial and financial advice to support bids/proposals.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for fully qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA Accountant with a proven track record in a finance leadership role, ideally within a similar sized SME. However the business will also consider someone who is qualified by experience if they have operated at this level.
You will have strong financial controls experience, experience of using SAGE and be experienced in developing management information systems, working with external advisors and providing robust procedures and controls. Experience in managing wider operations teams and an HR function would also be advantageous.
You will be comfortable supervising and developing a small finance team. You will be hands on and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen. You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and external bodies in order to form and maintain good working relationships.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to present at Board level. You will be open, engaging and have a good level of team management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good attention to detail showing logical decision making and prompt delivery to deadlines.
A strong team player, you will be comfortable working with people at all levels both strategic and operationally. You will proactively seek opportunities to add value and develop the business alongside the MD.
- Competitive salary on offer between £50 - £60k depending on experience
- Additional benefits
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, North West, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.