Senior Technical Coordinator
up to £60,000 DOE + Car/Allowance + Package.
My client a 5* New Build Housing Developer, are actively seeking a Senior Technical Coordinator to join their growing team.
The Design and Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation, this team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there's the sheer variety of their sites, many of them using existing buildings, and all of them with unique problems to solve. Then there's the question of new materials and our drive for sustainability and value, all in the face of ever changing building and environmental legislation.
Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a thought-provoking setting.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, to ensure that all information is available to the Construction and other Departments to suit the project programme. To liaise with and advise other Departments on technical and interface matters and to provide back-up and information flow. To coordinate all technical information on projects from inception to completion.
You will be expected to:
- Brief, manage and drive the external consultants in the preparation and issue of production information to an agreed programme, fee and scope
- Prepare technical specifications in line with requirements determined by the Land Acquisition budget and Technical/Sales Meetings
- Prepare the Design Programme and present it at the Progression Meetings
- Ensure all statutory enquiries, crossovers, sewer connections and other section agreements are submitted and pursued for their timely return
- Oversee the NHBC/Building Regulations applications to approval
- Ensure that working drawings are in accordance with the approved Planning Scheme, and ensure discharge of planning conditions
- Monitor and control all production information in close liaison with the Development Estimator to ensure tight cost controls are kept and information produced in line with budget estimates
- Monitor and control the Professional Fees budget and update fee reports on monthly basis for incorporation into the Board Pack Report
- Oversee preparation of Brochure Plans, Conveyance Plans and Sales Area drawings
- Attend site progress meetings and carry out site inspection
- Attend meetings at various stages of projects (Land/Technical hand-over, Project Meeting, Optimisation, Progression, Technical/Sales, Budget Meetings, etc.)
- Liaise and coordinate other parties, both internal and external
- Attend Subcontractor interviews
- Respond to site queries and resolve Technical/Construction problems
- Issue drawings and information for construction purposes
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experinece for this positon please do not hesitate to apply, or alternatively email an up to date version of your CV to #removed#
Due to the volume of applications we recieve we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard back within 7 days of your application please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time.