The Munitions Inspector receives, stores, inspects, test, transports, and maintains Munitions, Munitions Material Handling Equipment (MMHE), and supporting resources as applicable to the Site. Operates Combat Ammunition System (CAS). Carries out all duties in accordance with DynCorp ISO 9000 Quality and Safety Standards.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Consistently observes and enforces all host nation explosives safety, and security standards during all explosives and non-explosives operations in assigned sites and temporary duty locations.
- In the event of an emergency, takes necessary control and timely response actions.
- Conducts all munitions work according to established quality processes, identifying potential problems and recommending problem-solving solutions.
- Inspects munitions and containers in accordance with Program and Host Country guidelines, provisions and applicable technical directives.
- Accurately documents all serviceability and accountability actions in a timely manner.
- Works closely with operations personnel to resolve any serviceability and accountability issues noted during the inspection processes.
- Conducts warehouse inventories and corrects any discrepancies.
- Provides support to the assigned custody accounts of the deployed forces.
- Inspects and certifies munitions brass, residue, and containers in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Host country publications.
- Operates assigned Combat Ammunition System as is applicable to Site's processes.
- Reconditions, repairs, and replaces defective or missing parts of munitions and containers.
- Performs munitions storage actions according to the stringent explosives standards.
- Inspects, operates and performs operator maintenance on light vehicles and handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and manual hoists.
- Inspects and operates electronic test equipment, metal strapping equipment, stencil machines, heat sealers, pneumatic paint guns, air compressors and power tools.
- Inspects, and performs minor maintenance on facilities and installed equipment. Cleans vehicles, equipment and facilities.
- Prepares and delivers general and explosives safety briefings for all explosives operations.
- Performs ammunition supply stock control and accounting duties using both automated and manual procedures
- Inspects weapon systems to determine need for repair or destruction
- Performs other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledgeable of the Military Supply and Tech Order systems.
- Computer literate.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Interest in planning and organizing.
- Able to work calmly under stress.
- Working knowledge of process improvement initiatives.
Experience & Education
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Four (4) or more years' experience on military munitions; combined experience on military inspection procedures, CAS, storage, maintenance of munitions and MMHE.
- Previous experience working with and supervising ammunition operations for defense contracts preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Normal color perception and depth of vision.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting 50 lbs and perform extensive work using handling/ lifting equipment
- Works necessary hours, to include stand-by duties, to support mission requirements during peacetime and combat contingencies.
- Working environment will be both office and outdoor settings which individual can be exposed to extreme weather conditions for extended period of time.
- Travel typically not required within area of assignment.
DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on more than six decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. For more information, visit #removed#-intl.com.
Role: Munitions Inspector -Qatar
Location: Fort Worth,
Apply for this job now.