The VP Treasurer will be responsible for managing bank relationships and treasury operations, which include: administration of debt agreements and compliance, all Commerce Home Mortgage cash management, forecasting of liquidity needs, as well as serve as part of the Executive Leadership team in order to contribute to the growth of the company.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for all aspects of the treasury function to ensure the financial viability and stability of the company
- As a critical confidante of the CFO and senior staff, provide thought leadership on the impacts of asset/liability management
STRATEGY AND PLAN DEVELOPMENT
- Be an important contributor in the development of the corporate long-range strategic and business plans
- Develop the Treasury Strategic Plan and be an important contributor to the Finance Strategic Plans
- Review all functional spending and acquisition plans to ensure capital liquidity are available to support initiatives
- Develop robust financing sources from banking, investors, venture capitalist etc.
- Manage debt capital, communicate with providers, administer payments and optimize them to reduce cost
- Manage key banking relationships that impact treasury
- Create and manage a strong treasury team that is viewed as a significant contributor to the company’s and each function’s operations
- Oversee all treasury and account personnel including staffing, training, development, compensation and commission planning
- Develop the forecasting of cash and the elements of cash flow and the plans required to deliver them
- Prepare the cash flow and balance sheet projections based on P&L forecasts for quarterly board meetings
- Develop Contingent Funding Forecasts for cash flow planning
- Manage cash resources and cash flows within the company, including cash flow reports and cash flow forecasts
- Develop liquidity and funding strategies. Establish and execute on capitalization needs
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to control cash and outflows, including opening and closing of bank accounts, updating signature rights for existing bank accounts, improving payment methods and other bank related tasks
- Monitor the organization's investment activity and ensuring its consistency with the organization’s policies and legal responsibilities
- Drive cost-functional process improvements by championing new ideas and solutions
- Develop strategies/plans to automate the treasury function and implement (with help of IT support) taking into account how solutions can also help other parts of the organization
- Produce Analysis Reports specifically credit exposures reports and AR aging reports
- Manage other treasury-related activities as directed by the CFO
- 15+ years of experience in the mortgage origination/mortgage banking sector
- Experience in a public company environment is preferred
- Firm understanding of Capital Markets and possess previous experience as a Treasurer
- The successful candidate will have knowledge of the treasury discipline and capital markets, plus the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field is required
- Treasury or Finance certifications preferred.
Commerce Home Mortgage has been in business since 1993 and is headquartered in San Ramon, CA. Being in the San Francisco Bay area, jumbo loans are part of our DNA, but we are Fannie, Freddy and Ginnie direct and have a full range of loan programs and products with great pricing. We are expanding our retail footprint throughout California and have need for talented, experienced Branch Managers.
Role: Vice President Treasurer
Apply for this job now.