This position provides knowledge management support to ascertain the usage requirements for Agency files which is comprised of tens of thousands of documents that need version control.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Created customized metadata to be imported into a new database
- Manually uploading the shared drive the shared drive documents to the new database and linking each document to the customized metadata
- Learned a new database, trained the necessary people on the database
- Assisted creating an SOP for the new database
- Assist Reviewers with finding necessary records for the records they are reviewing, this would be a combination of looking in the shared drive and other internal resources
- Assessed how electronic records are used for research, develop a user friendly organization plan, to maximize the use of the records
- Gained intellectual and physical control over reference records stored on the shared drive
- Created a uniform description and arrangement system for digital records
- Provided back to certain responsibilities to the Administrative Assistant.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education - Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, in related field, but an MLS is preferable. Qualifications -Training and experience as a librarian, or a similar field.
One-year minimum experience for junior level.
Must have a current active Full Scope polygraph
· Proven research skills · Use of innovative approaches to solve complex problems.
· Team player who supports cohesiveness, reaches consensus and achieves team goals; shares information, knowledge, and information with the team.
· Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
· Superior ability to manage competing priorities and work requirements by continuously evaluating the needs of the organization’s mission against ongoing work; planning/scheduling own and unit’s work so that work is completed on time.
· Superior communication skills (oral, presentation and written), demonstrated by expressing ideas, explanations, and concepts in a manner appropriate for the audience (one-on-one, small groups).
· Must be flexible and be a team player
PTFS has been a leading Enterprise Content Management (ECM) provider to Federal, Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence agencies since 1995.
Role: Knowledge Management Associate
Apply for this job now.